Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to expand an airline  (Read 970 times)

Offline Boeing4life

• Members
How to expand an airline
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:22:51 PM »
So let's just say I know a guy ;) , who's not that experienced with AWS, and based in Denpasar (WADD) for a few months now... He's got a company image of around 30 (rising), avg lf of 54 (rising), 36.5000 pax last 4 weeks, has 1,2 mln USD and a company value of >600.000 (rising), 3x DC-7C's and 8x F27's.

What should he do in the short and long term:
- nothing, save money and try to purchase new F27's (or similar) for the <1000nm routes and a small jet (what are the options?) for the 1000-3000nm routes.
- lease long range DC-8's (or similar) and fly to cities with, at best, a lf of around 80 pax.  :o
- something else, like...

I know this is a question for an alliance forum, but since this guy is not invited I'll bore you guys with his question...  ;D

Offline Dan380

• Members
Re: How to expand an airline
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
I don't know enough about this. Tell him to do a good search for demand to destinations in short/medium/long haul markets and guage where the best areas for expansion are and roughly how large they are. From that he should get a good idea of what aircraft will fit his fleet.
If there are lots of good long haul routes to airports with slots, DC-8s all the way.
Likewise if un-competed short haul routes are plenty then more fokkers (NOT though if there are a just a few high demand routes, the F27 is not best suited to this).

The only thing I will say, is don't bother buying new yet. Put all the cash you get into immediate expansion, i.e. used aircraft leases. The fokker 27 doesn't have a short production queue.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.