Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Do upgraded seat configurations improve pax and CI?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline TerryMcKenna

• Members
Do upgraded seat configurations improve pax and CI?
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »
If I improve my cabin from economy to premium, will that improve my pax and CI?

Offline ACDennison

• Members
Re: Do upgraded seat configurations improve pax and CI?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:00:05 AM »
A complex question... first the simple bit, CI is not affected by seating - just marketing, aircraft age and staff morale/layoffs as far as I know.

As for seats affecting LF, it is complex.  Better seats means fewer seats, so if you are in competition, you will lose pax allocation as you will be offering a lower portion of available seat kilometres - this counts for more than the marginal boost from increased comfort.  If you are not in competition, you will also lose pax if the better seats mean you cannot supply route demand fully. 

However, on longer flights pax do like better seats (they nominally want S for 2+ hours and P for 5+ hours, or so I've heard... not many airlines in AWS meet these demands at these points though!)  Therefore, if seat type would make a difference because of the flight time, you are better off fully supplying a non-competative route with nice seats than lousy ones.  It's only if you try sending pax on 5+ hours in HD seats that you'll really annoy them though!

So, all a bit of a mix-up really, and I'm sure others may feel or know slightly differently.  To be honest, I only worry on long-haul about my seating really, more often than not if I offer nice seats it is to better fit an aircraft capacity to a route than to make pax happy - if I can make them happy I do though.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.