Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Modern Times 5?  (Read 3547 times)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Modern Times 5?
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:28:55 AM »
Since there is just a month left in MT4, I'm interested to hear whether there will be a MT5 or a different gameworld, and whether it will use the new slot system or not.

Thanks sami,

Bob
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Modern Times 5?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:29:02 AM »
I'd hope to get 1.3 out by then, so perhaps quite close to the end date of MT4.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:58:31 AM »

:o Wow; good news. Making me want to play this one afterall.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:17 AM »

As far as I know 1.3 don't affect the slot system as it is in DotM #2 at the moment, so still the question;
- will slots at 200% compared to older games till end of the game world like it is now?
- do we start again at 60% or so and get up slowly in the first years?

And I like 1.2 and 1.3, so I'm happy with whatever you set up :)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »
As far as I know 1.3 don't affect the slot system as it is in DotM #2 at the moment, so still the question;
- will slots at 200% compared to older games till end of the game world like it is now?
- do we start again at 60% or so and get up slowly in the first years?

And I like 1.2 and 1.3, so I'm happy with whatever you set up :)

+1 for what it's worth.  If 1.3 is going to use the new slot system, I think another round with 1.2 with the new slot system would be in order so people can adjust to the slot system before diving in headfirst with the big changes.  Perhaps a beta 1.3 game for Modern Times running parallel with 1.2 for Modern Times could be done?

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
Big question with 1.3 (and I know it has been discussed before, but I cant seem to find my answer...) is will we have bases as in 1.2, ABCBA routing as in 1.1, or both. I personally prefer bases as opposed to ABCBA, but I know many disagree. Just wondering as I start planning the next game world's airline about 2-3 weeks before the end of the previous world and basing/scheduling will greatly affect my choice of HQ!

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06:51 PM »
Please lets DO get back to ABCBA back in some games. Not everyone is so enamored with the hub thing. I would hate to see the ABCBA system disappear for good.  I'm not saying make all games that way, but come ON, a couple here and there aren't going to spoil anybody elses fun. How about one game of each next time around and just maybe make the ABCBA game shorter with fewer players? But please lets do bring it back and soon!!!! ::)
P.S. And if we get to have a choice in a game even better! I'm hoping 1.3 pans out in that direction.   :)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:00:49 AM »
Can you imagine the size of an airline based in Atlanta with ABCBA enabled?  I could have an airline with 1500 aircraft based in Atlanta, without opening a 2nd hub....

I think the hubs need to be more worthwhile, without 70 aircraft limit and huge staff penalty, and then ABCBA would not be necessary...

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »
I was just thinking about this, but i think the best solution for ABCBA is to require either B or C to be a hub.

For Example my hubs are say JFK and LAX. I fly JFK-LAX, LAX-SEA, SEA-LAX, LAX-JFK. This way, aircraft can flow through your network and not just in and out of the hub they are based at. It also allows you to utilize your aircraft better and to better serve your markets. Or you could fly JFK-SEA, SEA-LAX, LAX-SEA, SEA-JFK. Both ways have the flights going to hubs with the same aircraft.

This is the case in RW, Aircraft arent typically stationed at specific hubs just because, if they are there are specific reasons (SWA's 737-800's at EWR or American Eagle's ATRs in TJSJ(safety reasons)).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.