Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Unrealistically(?) low demand within Eastern Europe  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
Unrealistically(?) low demand within Eastern Europe
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »
Does anybody else feel that several routepairs within the Eastern Block has very low estimated demand? My airline is based at SOF and the obvious routes, I thought, would have been MOW, LED, IEV, BEG, WAW, BUH, SXF, PRG etc... but they are not (ok, PRG is a bit of an excepton and I hope it will be able to support my F28 on order). BUD is the only one with reasonable demand. On the other hand, demand estimates for FRA (100 daily pax), FCO, MIL, IST, CAI, ZRH, VIE are reasonable, and able to support traffic.
So, are the demand estimates for eastern Europe fixed, or will they change over time? Route planning becomes rather challenging when demand for a city pair is 10, or sometimes zero. Operating reasonbaly succesfully only domestic routes (VAR, BOJ and PDV) using AN26, becomes a bit booring...   :-\

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Unrealistically(?) low demand within Eastern Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 06:06:38 PM »
Unfortunately this is a known problem that won't be fixed in this game world and, just my opinion, not till city based demand is included with AWS 2.x or AWS 3.x.

If you want to base in the East Block, choose Moscow. Everything else is very painful.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »
Eastern European demand increases once the USSR breaks up.

I am based in Sofia in MT#4 and there is plenty of demand for an airline there once the 'iron curtain' is lifted.  Admittedly though, that is a fair old while to wait in DOTM#2.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:21:10 PM by Daveos »

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:10:20 PM »
Ok Thanks guys for the info!
 But I am stuck in SOF.... a living on 2 AN26:s on Domestic Bulgarian routes + ATH, BUD (and lousy routes VIE and ROM... payload restricons with my Antonov, but what to do, they have to fly somewhere). Trying a brand new F28 to FRA, ZRH, and a few other destinations in the west and will see how it goes... 

Online ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
Not only Eastern Europe but the entire Soviet Bloc seems too small.

For instance from Tashkent to every other city in Soviet Asia, demand is 20 passenger per day....period :o

dsaourid

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
I am based in Moscow, I think some things are realistic (the demand let's say) as during the Soviet Union, who would fly a plane? People didn't even have money to eat. Another thing is that some destinations have demand, this is simply not possible, during the Soviet Union..pain in the ass to be in USSR using British airplanes.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Minto Typhoon

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 02:35:05 AM »
Russia was, and still is, Moscow focused.   Before the fall of the wall, and for many years afterwards the only demand was to and from moscow.  Travel to and from eastern Europe to 'the west' was strictly limited by both sides.  Countries like Romania need visas for Western Europe until the mid 2000s, and for markets like Serbia, until 2010.

Air traffic in Russia collapsed in the late 80's and took twenty years to recover.   If you go back to the fall of the berlin wall and look at the size of Tarom, csa and malev - they are tiny airlines with a dozen or so aircraft.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.