Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: AirwaySim release schedule  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
AirwaySim release schedule
« on: December 23, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »
First of all Merry Christmas to everyone, and a Happy New Year also. Unfortunately the development schedule of AirwaySim has lagged way behind its original intended schedule mostly due to the large number of features and various improvements we have made to the software (for it to be even better! ;) ). But as you already saw from the previous news the release is getting closer. And here are now some more detailed estimates on the release.

What needs to be done is to fine tune the latest feature, business/first class travel, and also tune the passenger travel / demand model. Also various small usability improvements and other pre-release adjustments will have to be made first.

At the moment the schedule is most likely such that coding is finished before New Year but after Xmas holidays. And we are still keeping the target of release between end of December or early January.

Due to an upcoming holiday of the project administration the release date target has been set to second week of January 2009. We might be able to release AirwaySim to public just before New Year but that is not desired as admin will be away for a full week during the New Year period - and that would lead to a poor customer service (for administration not being fully able to assist on new players and to monitor the startup of the first games). So thus the release is after our holidays.

The manual (limited content so far) will be made available to public before the actual release date. Make sure you visit us again before January 10th when the game should be available already!

ak123456

• Former member
Re: AirwaySim release schedule
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »
 This  is a cool  new game 

Offline Unbornio

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 04:00:41 AM »
Even cooler when you play it  ::)
Beta Tester

tomahack

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 01:20:04 AM »
We must pay to play this game ?

Does it worth 4 euros per "season" ? Since 4 euros is almost 7 canadian dollars..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:22:30 AM by tomahack »

Dazwalsh

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »
yeah with the amount of work put into the game and the detail included its worth a few dollars trust me

jagalubnan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 01:50:00 AM »
Yeah, this game is a MUST PLAY in my opinion. :)

Siregar

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »
yeah but can you thinking of the other who want to play too but didnt work? e.g a a college student,

maybe you can decrease the payment a little bit..  :-[

digifreak

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 01:36:06 PM »
Well... I think that there are very very few people that can't afford the game (about 4-6 for a 3 Months game)... that's what you pay for a couple of chocolates... So far I think that's very very affordable for almost everyone.

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »
It is a must play..... Some people arent allowed to pay. Not everyone is older 18  ;)
Founder of the Star Alliance!

tomahack

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
But, it would be logical to get the first "season" free no ? To see if we like it, and want to pay for it!

In america, its,  try -> pay -> play
I never buy a game without trying it before... :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »
Again - there will be a demo version that can be played first to test (though we cannot guarantee that there are available player spaces there 24/7 but intention is to keep it available always). Play time, airports, aircraft and features will be limited. (you can then eventually select the 'demo' from the same menu as the 'full' games too.. they have clear tags which is demo/limited and which is full/regular/paid game).

For the game price, it's as affordable as it can go. The price has been pushed down to attract the max number of players so that the games are more enjoyable for the players as there will be more competition. I could again mention here that one australian software (that shall remain anonymous..) did cost approx 20-40usd to play a single round if my memory serves me right (however they haven't sold the online product for a time now).

All in all this ~5usd is peanuts. The single game takes at least about 2 months to play if you play it right from the beginning, so you can count how much that costs per day. Well, that is less than 0.1eur/usd in a day. A few minute cellphone call per day to your girlfriend is more than that ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:20:48 PM by sami »

tofen

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
5 EUR is nothing. If you can't afford that you should probably look over your economic situation :P.
Server hosting is expensive, and from what I understand, Sami hasn't got a dime for all the work he has put down so far. It's time he gets some reward for all his hard work!

I'm just eager be able to get my credits soon so I can start playing the second the game is released! :D

Siregar

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:24 AM »
ookay  ;D i agree with the cheap price, but for people who wanna play but is having a hard situation to pay the credit,

because they live in asia and doesnt have any credit card? so how do we gonna play if we want to pay but it's so hard using the paypal and credit card things.. :-[

thanks for the answer  ::)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 08:41:56 AM »
PayPal in that case offers the best solution as there you have multiple options of 'uploading' money to your PayPal account.

noob24

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 03:27:44 PM »
Well... I think that there are very very few people that can't afford the game (about 4-6 for a 3 Months game)... that's what you pay for a couple of chocolates... So far I think that's very very affordable for almost everyone.

They must be expensive chocolates! :P 5 bars of chocs at perth r like AUD5, which is like 2.5. :P

I dont think ill be buying for now, AUD is in horrible state... :(

lamyickho

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »
eat 10 less bars of chocolates then. And that's 10 bars in 2 months.

Siregar

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 05:26:56 AM »
okay,, we think that the price is not a big deal now..

but i'm still wandering what is the EXACT date for the release? i'm afraid that i cannot try the limited demo version..  :'(

thanks sami for the answer..  :laugh:

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »
Can't say anything of the exact date as there are things to be done still. Target is the upcoming weekend which probably will hold - which day of the weekend, dunno.

Kastor

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »
I can't wait for the game, I am waiting with my finger on the left mouse button  ;D
As to the price, if it is gonna be 4-6 Euro for a 3 month game, that is fair for me, don't forget they must upkeep the servers and high-end internet connection and get the programists paid for the great job on coding and testing the game !

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
i guess a countdown clock is too much to ask for, since you're not sure which day of the wknd it'll be

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.