Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Increasing fleet and making money  (Read 956 times)

Offline gustweit

• Members
Increasing fleet and making money
« on: May 27, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
Is there any way to make quick money in this game?
I see many airlines with hundreds of airplane and I can't get even 5
Bank doesn't loan me money....

Can anyone explain me how $/RPK and $/ASK work? All my numbres are always in red??

Another one.. Is the some a flight at 02:00 than at 09:00???

Offline ACDennison

• Members
Re: Increasing fleet and making money
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:32 PM »
$/RPK is Revenue Passenger Kilometres, i.e. return on each one passanger flown one kilometre
$/ASK is Available Seat Kilometres, i.e. return on each one seat your aircraft fly one kilometre

These values will not always be high, I run profitable aircraft with red and yellow values... don't worry about them too much.  Generally the values should be higher (and green) on short routes (<400NM), but above that they often drop.

At first, your low Company Image (CI) and Route Image (RI) will limit your Load Factor (LF) and thus money making potential - you can boost CI with General MArketing (try a country-wide news/billboard/radio advert), while RI will rise to 100% in time by itself.

As for flight times, any flight with an arriva or departure between 2300 and 0500 will have lower LF, and between 0100 and 0400 will really struggle.  Try to schedule so your planes fly either side of these, i.e. depart before 2300 and arrive after 0500 for a night flight... or at least before 0100 and after 0400 in the worst case.  This said, even horrible times of day usually make more money than not flying at all.

The key to making money at first is have no more than two types - do NOT get a third type until you have got very well established and have at least 20+ aircraft!  Also, try to pick two types that compliment each other - for my liking your DC-6 and Caravelles are too similar, but if the types are avaialble on the used market they are not bad choices overall.  There is no 'quick buck' to be made in AWS really, although right at the start of a game world lack of competition does allow quicker growth. 

In JA, where aircraft are relativly cheap, you'll want to try to save up and buy an aircraft, thus allowing you to use it as backing for loans to lease/buy more aircraft... I started by leasing about 12 Noratlas, then swapped them to lease AW.650s, then started doing buy-one-lease-one from then on AW.650... and now I just buy them!  My second type once I had swapped to the Aw.650 were some lease Britannia's, now being replaced with lease VC-10, until my purchased Super VC10 arrive.

Offline gustweit

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 01:51:14 AM »
thanks you!!
cool info

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
AC is right. He has helped me immensley! ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.