Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I have a route from SJU-PHL that is basically all to myself...  (Read 741 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
except for a carrier with one flight a week. The flight has been in the red at default, up, down, and I don't know what to do? Has anyone ever run into this before and what did you wind up doing? The route is wide open. I tried to price it like my New York flights, didn't get any better and my NY runs are doing great. Suggestions pls????

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: I have a route from SJU-PHL that is basically all to myself...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
Basically, you run B707 at fuel prices at >$260. That's the first and your most biggest problem.

The second problem is, you fly this route with Economy class only. I don't know what your setup for other flights is, but maybe you can reduce loss by reconfigurate the aircraft.

However, I doubt your NYC runs on B707 are doing great as long as they have no massive first/business class config...

So, my suggestions are; get rid of those aircraft as soon as possible and if you have leased them for three years, try to reconfiguring them...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:33:11 PM »
Basically, you run B707 at fuel prices at >$260. That's the first and your most biggest problem.

The second problem is, you fly this route with Economy class only. I don't know what your setup for other flights is, but maybe you can reduce loss by reconfigurate the aircraft.

However, I doubt your NYC runs on B707 are doing great as long as they have no massive first/business class config...

So, my suggestions are; get rid of those aircraft as soon as possible and if you have leased them for three years, try to reconfiguring them...
Actually this is my only 707 without business class. Otherwise, with the exception of all my props, all my other planes have a exceptionally large biz class cabins. Same for my 727-200's. My intention was to convert the aircraft later, but now I know, DO IT AT THE TIME. I just have to see what I can do to stem the blood, I mean losses. :-[

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:53 PM »
I hope you can make it. :) If there are still problems, don't hesitate to ask here or drop a PM.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:21:17 AM »
Thanks Curse! I actually went a head and did the reconfiguration of the one 707 and one 727-200 that weren't done. So we'll see how that goes. I really don't want to start over, but I have brought other ones back from being $5,000,000 in hole. So wish me luck!! ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.