Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Company Image??  (Read 1179 times)

turkei

• Former member
Company Image??
« on: May 21, 2011, 12:05:47 PM »
Hi there. I have been spending around 47.000 USD / week on marketing, but my company image is -11 and still going down... Is that normal?? I am using mainly russian IL planes - is that the reason, why my company image is so low? Or where is a problem? Is it a bug? please help :) thx

Jps

• Former member
Re: Company Image??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »
Hi,
normally, CI should stay above 0 even without marketing as long as your company is doing good. Reasons for negative CI are for example delays/cancellations, poor maintenance, or unhappy staff.

The only way to raise CI is general marketing. How much it increases is linearly correlated to the amount of money you spend on marketing. The costs however rise with every new destination.
Spending $47k on marketing sounds very small, but it could be ok if you only have 2-4 destinations.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
Hello,

$47k is a bit less for all the routes you fly. Ilyushin also have a bad rating compared to modern western aircraft, but as I said the main problem is you spend much too less money.

I suggest to use My base city and nearby cities only as first general campagin and activate Newspapers + Billboards + Radio if you have a smaller airport and less competition or fly mainly domestic with less or no first/business class and + Television if you want to build up an international first/business class airline fast.

The first step should bring your CI to 50-70, the second one to 60-75. After this you might add more campaigns, especially if your airline growth over 150 aircraft.

CI lowering things are already told you by Jps.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
Hi there. I have been spending around 47.000 USD / week on marketing, but my company image is -11 and still going down... Is that normal?? I am using mainly russian IL planes - is that the reason, why my company image is so low? Or where is a problem? Is it a bug? please help :) thx

If I had to guess, you aren't scheduling with appropriate turnaround times.  You should increase the turnaround times for aircraft until there is a ~1% chance of delays.  Flight delays/cancellations kills your CI quicker than anything.

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:23:38 AM »
Hello,

$47k is a bit less for all the routes you fly. Ilyushin also have a bad rating compared to modern western aircraft, but as I said the main problem is you spend much too less money.

I suggest to use My base city and nearby cities only as first general campagin and activate Newspapers + Billboards + Radio if you have a smaller airport and less competition or fly mainly domestic with less or no first/business class and + Television if you want to build up an international first/business class airline fast.

The first step should bring your CI to 50-70, the second one to 60-75. After this you might add more campaigns, especially if your airline growth over 150 aircraft.

CI lowering things are already told you by Jps.
i have always been told that region and types of ads dont matter when compared to each other but that its just purely how much you spend on marketing that changes the rate of CI change.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:39 AM »
i have always been told that region and types of ads dont matter when compared to each other but that its just purely how much you spend on marketing that changes the rate of CI change.

That's true, but it's easier to guide the player to use proper marketing by saying the type of marketing instead of "start a campaign that costs $225k /week".

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »
That's true, but it's easier to guide the player to use proper marketing by saying the type of marketing instead of "start a campaign that costs $225k /week".
the way he said it though made it sound like certain certain types are better than others.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.