Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long-haul  (Read 878 times)

cht7520

• Former member
Long-haul
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:01 PM »
Whats a good long-haul aircraft for now? Or is there anything coming out soon that will fly 5500nm+ (haven't seen 747-200B)? I've seen the Lockheed ones, but they still won't make it across the pacific.

Thanks.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
Re: Long-haul
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »
Nothing for some years. IRL during that period, Hawaii was the most usual fuel stop alongside Anchorage. The 747s to Oceania did fuel stops at Hawaii.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
A bit of advice on long haul (which you will see echoed here in many a thread): Leave the ultra long haul to someone else for now. IT is way to early in the game to be chasing 5500nm routes. The longest flight you should be considering at this point of the game is one in which your aircraft can make the trip in 1 day, allowing you to fly the long haul flight AT LEAST 6 times a week with time left over to make a regional flight on day 7 with your A check (preferably, IMHO, enought time to adjust your flights over the course of the week by a half hour here and there and squeeze in a daily roataion to the same destination, but thats just me....)

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:21:02 PM »
Whats a good long-haul aircraft for now? Or is there anything coming out soon that will fly 5500nm+ (haven't seen 747-200B)? I've seen the Lockheed ones, but they still won't make it across the pacific.

Thanks.

B747 SP ;) otherwise later to appear DC-10-30ER. To Oceania from the US usually HNL (for north australia) or NTAA [Thahiti Faa'a] for most aof australia and NZ Otherwise (as named) Anchorage Ted Stevens Airport :)

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:53 AM »
It is probably too early to be chasing for those long-haul routes...just that I wanted to get those planes in to expand quickly. I'll probably wait for DC-10-30ER. Saw the 747SP fuel burn and passengers carried, not touching that.

Thanks.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.