Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I bow out...  (Read 1332 times)

JDuff

• Former member
I bow out...
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »
BKed from De Gaulle. Good luck to my competitors.

But does anyone else think that 400 players is a bit too much for all the available (and reasonably sized) airports? I'm all for competition, but I don't have much time to attend to the game each day and it seems like hands-on, fine-tuned management is necessary to pull through at an airport like CDG that had (including me), five airlines operating from it.

It would be great if this edition of DOTM were split into 2x200 player worlds. Same goes for future games. Just my opinion.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
Re: I bow out...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:09 PM »
Well I think sami has listened to player requests because the last DOTM I was playing in (just finished) was a 500 player game world.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »
I'm happy it's not 500.  400 may seem excessive, but there is a lot of opportunity out there.  Even if you went to a small regional airport you can dominate the routes to the large hubs (ATL, ORD, JFK).  Also, slots are growing every year now so there is no rush to expand as there will always be slots available with the growth (or at least the opportunity to get new slots).  I only have 2 planes and just ordered my 3rd with no rush to grow to 100.  In 5-10 years I'm going to have one of the leanest and meanest airlines out there because of my long term strategic planning versus short term myopia in the name of growth.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
I think 400 is great (perfect no:) but the game day has to 25 mins real time &  not 35 mins. The game is way too slow, no fun at all, some people may argue on this but this is a game we need to have fun not get bored.

cheers

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 05:50:43 PM »
I think 400 is great (perfect no:) but the game day has to 25 mins real time &  not 35 mins. The game is way too slow, no fun at all, some people may argue on this but this is a game we need to have fun not get bored.

cheers

I agree!

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
I prefer the faster games as well.

csabbbig3

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »
the 35 min days work out for me better....

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 11:51:16 PM »
25 min days would be great.

I fondly remember the test server game with 10 mins days....In about 2 real days I had around 20 757s burning around Australia....good times  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.