Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Everything is going up - but the money  (Read 4372 times)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: Everything is going up - but the money
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »
And that is your issue.

You need to improve your scheduling so your fleet utilization increases to AT LEAST 15h
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 11:05:23 AM »
Point taken, should I just start again, or is my airline still redeemable? :)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »
Depends on how much cash (and other assets, i.e. LHR slots, unavailable aircraft) you have. If your current airline has some value, then try to fix it, otherwise it's probably easier to declare bankruptcy.

The main things you need to keep in mind (other than good airport with good demand and good aircraft) is fleet utilization (there should be VERY LITTLE white space on your route scheduling screen), strong C demand, and only spend what you can afford on marketing
Editor of AeroBlogger

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »
Also, try to fly to as few destinations as possible. This will reduce your marketing and staff costs.
So rather choose a destination with demand to support 2-3+ flights per day than destinations that only support 1 flight. If there is another airline flying for example with 1 aircraft filling 60-70% demand, you can get most of it by flying 2 times / day, for example 70% for your 2 aircraft and 30% for the competitor with 1 aircraft.

However, you should also keep your routes short. For example, have 1 flight over night (arrival at the destination before 23:00 and departure before 0:00, so that the aircraft is back at your base around (after) 5:00) and all the rest so that you can fly 2-3 times, which totals to your aircraft flying 24h/day (including turn-arounds with <10% delay).
This kind of schedule is not always possible to do, but whenever possible, it's the best way to do it with short/medium haul aircraft.

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
looks like im starting again then, do you think Malta Luqa (MLA) is a good starting airport or should i look elsewhere :)

cht7520

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
Look at route planning first and see if you will have enough destinations to fly to and enough demand to support them. If there are a lot of routes that are full don't go there, because there's no point competing with a more established airline for routes that are full. (for me anyway)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
ooks like im starting again then

or.... Rather than throw away your hard work so far, see it as a challenge to turn things round.  I'd day that if you can re-jig your routes to make each 737 fly at least three routes per day you should be in profit.  The routes you have are working well, but the 734 with just ONE shortish route per day...

You have some big gaps between flights and nothing much happening after 9 or 10pm.  As the others say, try to fill as much white space as possible in the schedule.  You're Route Image is probably high on the routes you have - move a few of them to night flights and get rid of one or two aircraft. 

I love a challenge like that.  Starting again is 'fun' but... well, up to you.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »
I suggest strongly that you don't start from ANY airport which is not size 5 (experienced players can start a profitable airline from say Martinique, Larnaca or Port-au-Prince, but it is very difficult)
Editor of AeroBlogger

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 07:07:40 AM »
Ok, I think you need to be flying more than 11 hours per day.  A 737's turnaround time with 1% chance of delay is 1hr 15 from the top of my head so when your aircraft land back at home base at 12:30 make sure you send it out again at 13:45 but I would make sure that each and every 737 aircraft you have is flying from 05:00 until at least 22:45 every single day (if you factor in one day the aircraft needs an A check which is 5 hours).

Also if its medium and short haul routes you are operating pax dislike flying after 00:00 until 04:55 so load factors at those times would be low maybe 30-40% if your lucky in most instances, so I would keep them on the groud between those times at your base.

;)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 07:10:51 AM »
I suggest strongly that you don't start from ANY airport which is not size 5 (experienced players can start a profitable airline from say Martinique, Larnaca or Port-au-Prince, but it is very difficult)

This isn't a deal breaker, depends on if there is competition, you are wise enough to pick a good aircraft fleet type for that type of airport and there is suffiecient pax demand to fill it. But yes you are right it can be quite hard.  :)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »
Also if its medium and short haul routes you are operating pax dislike flying after 00:00 until 04:55 so load factors at those times would be low maybe 30-40% if your lucky in most instances, so I would keep them on the groud between those times at your base.

This sentence is a bit misleading... The pax don't mind flying in the night, as long as the flight departs before 00:00/23:00 and lands after 05:00.

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »
I've rejigged the routes and my utilization is now 18.1 hours, I've scrapped any routes with profits under 10k and swapped them with different routes with higher demand. But I've just had my first bankruptcy warning, so lets hope I can turn it around in time?

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 03:23:12 PM »
This sentence is a bit misleading... The pax don't mind flying in the night, as long as the flight departs before 00:00/23:00 and lands after 05:00.

Wasn't meant to mislead,  :o

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 03:53:44 PM »
Wasn't meant to mislead,  :o

I know, that's why I corrected it ;)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 05:04:03 PM »
I've rejigged the routes and my utilization is now 18.1 hours, I've scrapped any routes with profits under 10k and swapped them with different routes with higher demand. But I've just had my first bankruptcy warning, so lets hope I can turn it around in time?

Hopefully this will work for you 18.1 hours is good utilisation of the aircraft's time, so you should see profits increase somewhat.  Hopefully you haven't got any C-Checks coming up anytime soon so you can get your books back into the black and can then add a few Business seats to boost profits further :)

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 07:40:34 PM »
Hopefully this will work for you 18.1 hours is good utilisation of the aircraft's time, so you should see profits increase somewhat.  Hopefully you haven't got any C-Checks coming up anytime soon so you can get your books back into the black and can then add a few Business seats to boost profits further :)

Nope no C checks,

They've all just happened so I have a year? :)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 08:49:27 PM »
Nope no C checks,

They've all just happened so I have a year? :)

Yep sure do, get those babies flying and making some good profits  ;)

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
The money is still going down... -14million now

*gulp*

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 03:34:39 AM »
Fuel price my friend. Cut on marketing

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 09:46:39 PM »
GOOD NEWS

I've just made my first ever profit on AWS my balance has gone from -10 million to -8 million :D

WAHEY Thanks for all the help, now will i make it out of debt before the game world ends.......

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.