Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How does this guy do it?  (Read 974 times)

BHigg

• Former member
How does this guy do it?
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
A player has just put 2 planes onto a route and taken a 36% market share, while another player on that route flying the same type and number of planes only has a 7% share. With both flying at very simlar times.

Could he be charging next to nothing for the flights, and hoping to push others off?

I don't mind if he's making a loss by doing it, but if not I would like to know what i'm doing wrong!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: How does this guy do it?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:40:57 PM »
Maintenance and hence not flying?

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »
Maintenance and hence not flying?

Could be, i'll keep my eye on it.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »
The prices don't matter, even if he had $0 ticket prices, his LF wouldn't rise.

I'd say the guy who flew there first has a plane in maintenance, so he isn't actually flying although the schedule is active.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »
A player has just put 2 planes onto a route and taken a 36% market share, while another player on that route flying the same type and number of planes only has a 7% share. With both flying at very simlar times.

Could he be charging next to nothing for the flights, and hoping to push others off?

I don't mind if he's making a loss by doing it, but if not I would like to know what i'm doing wrong!

Route image + company image?  If one guy is flying a 20+ year old plane versus a 1 year old plane it could make a big difference.  They could also have their planes config'd with all first class or something extreme depending on the route (which obviously affects load factors).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.