Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do i get my company image above 30?  (Read 1178 times)

BHigg

• Former member
How do i get my company image above 30?
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
In two game worlds i have grown my company image to 30 and then it just stops, do i need to join an alliance to get it higher?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: How do i get my company image above 30?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
Simple; more money to marketing and making sure the flight delays & cancellations are within the limits/averages.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »
No need to join an alliance. Just add another campaign.

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »
No need to join an alliance. Just add another campaign.

are campaigns worth it? how much extra should i expect to make from every dollar spent on advertising?

Just had a look, it would cost $250.000 per week for a TV campaign in my city, I'm currently making about $1m per week, would i cover this outlay by advertising?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:24:34 PM by BHigg »

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »
There's no general rule for that. If you have competition it's important to make some marketing campaigns, if you are alone on your routes, just let it stay above 10 except you want to use business and/or first class...

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »
Here's a post I made after MT3 ended that might show some trend in marketing

I was competing against a huge airline in MT3 who's HQ was Tokyo Haneda and bases in Narita and Fukuoka. I was based in Fukuoka, flying all B737NG-fleet, some 30 aircraft. My competitor had DHCs and 737NGs, if I remember correctly. My CI was initially 20-30, my competitor at 100. I was making a profit of $1-4 million/week. At the end of the game, I pushed up my marketing and reached CI of 70. This cost me $20 mil/week. In the end, I only received a 15% boost to ticket income (from ~$28 mil to ~$34 mil).
This result might not be generalized, but still shows that you can do well with low CI if other aspects are ok. Though I have to admit, that my competitor didn't really try to push me out, as he only served max demand, and sometimes not even that. I also had some routes where he wasn't flying.

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 07:26:53 PM »
Thanks for that JPS,
As i have 70% of the routes to myself and i'm making money off the others anyway, i don't think i'll bother for the time being. When i get lots of cash I may experiment.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
As I said, CI mostly affects routes with less frequency and business/first class.

Tokyo domestic indeed is something you can throw everything on the route and it'll work :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.