Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 3 years down...16 boring years to go  (Read 6276 times)

forsberc

• Former member
Re: 3 years down...16 boring years to go
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »
City based demand won't be ready for 1.3, it's a big leap forward from we currently have.

Didn't Sami mention it in the release notes somewhere on here? I thought I saw a change in airport demand listed in the upcoming changes. Probably just getting confused.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »
Didn't Sami mention it in the release notes somewhere on here? I thought I saw a change in airport demand listed in the upcoming changes. Probably just getting confused.

Sami said that 1.3 won't be a far cry from 1.2. Features that will be added to 1.3 are things like fuel market, some enhace in aircraft performances and airports allowed to host them, engine variants to come at different times, more info about airlines/airports, etc.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »
City based demand is something like AWS 2.x sami said.

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Sorry for the confusion!

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 10:22:30 PM »
Still growing my airline quite happily here... it's slowing down a bit, but I'm doing some interesting schedules and stretching my ranges to get some extra routes.  I'm looking ahead to starting the turboprop to jet (turbofan) switch, with three main fleet groups to work through and a BIG order book.

In the meantime, I'm also moving into aircraft leasing, letting out my original, owned aircraft as I gradually upgrade to later models of the same types (e.g AW.650 100/200 to 220, Illy-18V to -18D etc)

With a few weaker airlines dropping away, slots do appear sometimes even at the larger hubs, so happy wnough here!

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 03:39:33 PM »
I just shutdown my airline due to boredom.  I'd rather save my credits for DOTM2.  I'm stuck waiting for aircraft I can barely schedule and I'm only logging into the game world twice a week or so.  There are huge gaps at Taipei/Taiwan now if anyone isn't flying there yet :)

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 04:34:37 PM »
Mate, I can fully understand you. I logged in the last days/weeks just to extend leases and replace old DC-6.

I'm waiting a bit until B721 are delivered, but due to the very late show up of B727, B737 etc. it's very... boring. The last Jet Age started 3 years or so later than this and DC-8 and B707 where already on the used market and the demands were that little bit higher that is needed to fly a lot more routes... :/

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
Mate, I can fully understand you. I logged in the last days/weeks just to extend leases and replace old DC-6.

I'm waiting a bit until B721 are delivered, but due to the very late show up of B727, B737 etc. it's very... boring. The last Jet Age started 3 years or so later than this and DC-8 and B707 where already on the used market and the demands were that little bit higher that is needed to fly a lot more routes... :/

I was only logging in to convert my cash to aircraft purchases to dodge the tax man :)

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
Done since first year of operation :/

Any other good ideas? Besides of camping year changes on international airports to grab some slots? :D

Kiwi Sim Pilot

• Former member
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
How about try a smaller airport in a different country?

• Members
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
I don't like this idea without city based demand and dynamic demand :/ Would love to open an airline at a small Island in the pacific, but without demand it doesn't sound much fun for me.

Hmh...

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »
Yea i shut my airline down a few days ago i had PHX all wrapped up was in top 10 for airlines but it was too boring. very little demand to expand on. only ling route left and it becomes to repetitive.   
APB Airlines

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »
I don't like this idea without city based demand and dynamic demand :/ Would love to open an airline at a small Island in the pacific, but without demand it doesn't sound much fun for me.

Hmh...
I love to base out of satellite airports such as those that surround LAX. I use Burbank alot because my Dad worked there and I got to go out on the tarmac alot (with dad). No jetways there, but its a happening little airport!

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 04:11:28 AM »
Thanks for the head up!  I just manged to get 19 - that's NINETEEN new daily slots at HND because I just happened to online on 1st January.  Totally forgot the time - just coincidence and I probably would not have even bothered looking had you not mentioned it.  None of the other Japan based airlines got any as far as I can tell so I hope none of them read this!  :P  :P  :P
Boooooo!
Actually I grabbed quite a few HND flights when that other airline based there went belly up.

Online knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 05:12:50 AM »
Actually I grabbed quite a few HND flights when that other airline based there went belly up

Not as many as me.  ;D  I just happened to be online when he bk'd and I think I added about 100 route pairs from my four Japanese bases to HND.

I think he just got bored too.

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
I love to base out of satellite airports such as those that surround LAX. I use Burbank alot because my Dad worked there and I got to go out on the tarmac alot (with dad). No jetways there, but its a happening little airport!
From the few games I've played so far, Burbank is a real gem.  Good size, good demand, 24hr.  Everybody else can dogfight over at LAX.  I'll take Bubank anytime!

forsberc

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 07:33:26 AM »
I'm working at Burbank right now. It certainly is a gem, even in the live world!

Oh, and I'm about to Bankrupt myself in Bogota in the next few days. Just a heads up.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »
Yay to all the KBUR fans! It IS a true gem of a sattelite airport isn't it? I love flying in over the San Gabriel mountains as well from the north when approaching KBUR. Its almost as cool as the drop into KSAN. ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.