Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: slot hogging or anti compettitive?  (Read 3986 times)

CXP211

• Former member
slot hogging or anti compettitive?
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:21:31 PM »
Ok so Osaka Kansai (RJBB) just opened on spet 2nd (game time) and by sept 6th One airline operating between haneda (RJTT) And Osaka now has 25 Daily flights with many of the flights departing at the same time such as 1510 has 5 flights, and one at 1515 1530 and there also 9 flights between 0840 and 0910 in addition the AVG passenger per day is 2130, but there are 7001 seats availalbe on that route.   

"The airlines may not oversupply the estimated passenger demand on a route in large numbers. Airline may not supply over 200% of the estimated passenger demand on any route.

In practise this means that if estimated passenger demand on a route is 100pax per day (weekly average) the airline may not fly more than 200pax per day on that route segment. Any more seats supplied would be considered dumping the seats and thus trying to limit competition and entrance of other airlines to the route.

Keep in mind that the passenger demands shown in the game are estimates and their accuracy depends on the staff efficiency of each airline but generally the demand numbers are +/-30% accurate - if there are doubts the administration can check the actual value.

and

"The airline is also forbidden to acquire aircraft and route them so that the only purpose is to get airport slots and preserve them for future use. In practise this would mean routing aircraft to airports and routes that provide no profit, or by clearly oversupplying the estimated pax demand, and later switching the routes to other airports when more suitable aircraft equipment is available.

Administration can identify these "slot hogging" cases and these were just some examples of the unallowed practices."

In this chapter the term "airlines" apply also to alliances; one alliance can be considered as a single airline. In other words two (or more) airlines of the same alliance are counted as single airline/unit."

Offline EYguy

• Members
Re: slot hogging or anti compettitive?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »
Mate

you should make names and numbers in this case or we just can't help... Moreover, we need the name of the world you're currently playing in, becahse there are a few active worlds.
If you have 3 airlines leaving all at the same time is not hogging, even if they are allied. It could just be a problem of a/c scheds or a coincidence. Remember that is already very hard for a single airline to hog the slots, not to mention coordinating 3 airlines to get those slots (even if they're allies).

Another problem is that hogging and oversupplying are divided by a very thin line and is very difficult to find out who intentionally hogging and who's doing in as a side effect of his/her commercial strategy.

And remember: frequency here is everything.

Regards

CXP211

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:42:35 AM »
My apologies i posted the wrong one, its beginners world :-[ in this instance however it is only ONE airline with multiple departures and over saturating the route,  there is no one else flying it.

CXP211

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:47:45 AM »
it would be beginners world #13, the airline is OM NOM NOMZ   while i dont intend to fly this route any time soon, one airline offering 70001 seats on a route that avg 2000 pax a day.  with 25 flights a day, 9 flights between 0840 and 0910, 2 at 1325, 2 at 1425, 7 flights between 1510 and 1530, 2 at 1810, and 3 between 2045 and 2050,   All flights are operated by only one airline.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:48:48 AM »
The airline is indeed supplying too much seats; and there is an automated function that will warn the player and close the route in 2-4 days if he does not correct.

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:04:41 AM »
it would be beginners world #13, the airline is OM NOM NOMZ   while i dont intend to fly this route any time soon, one airline offering 70001 seats on a route that avg 2000 pax a day.  with 25 flights a day, 9 flights between 0840 and 0910, 2 at 1325, 2 at 1425, 7 flights between 1510 and 1530, 2 at 1810, and 3 between 2045 and 2050,   All flights are operated by only one airline.

Did I read correctly 70001 seats per route?! Is this player flying an A380 only fleet?! :-O

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »
7000 vs 2500.

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 10:55:34 PM »
Now we talk... Well... Next time someone has problem with slots hogging, PLEASE:
-indicate the world you're playing in
-indicate your airport
-state the name of your airline
-state the base and the name of the airline which, in your opinion, is violating rules
-report sme data about the problem (7000seat vs 2500avg demand).

Thanks

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 11:37:19 PM »
Assuming sorting your own mess out with the offending party via PM doesn't work. Isn't it better to report this to an admin via PM rather than do a public name and shame thread where there could be false accusations or arguments? Or simply leave the anti monopoly bureau to do their work?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »
Assuming sorting your own mess out with the offending party via PM doesn't work. Isn't it better to report this to an admin via PM rather than do a public name and shame thread where there could be false accusations or arguments? Or simply leave the anti monopoly bureau to do their work?

Yes, public name and shame threads are not a good idea not only because false accusations or arguments, but chances are (especially in beginners world) that the offending party doesn't even know that they are breaking a rule.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 04:08:56 AM »
Yeah, I forgot to mention that it should be sent via PM... My bad!

CXP211

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 05:45:18 AM »
My apologies i am fairly new and still learning, and made a few mistakes in the posting, however as the issue appears resolved, rather than embarrass the other party, hopefully mods can remove this thread?

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 01:23:11 AM »
Removing the thread would be quite usless, after being here for almost one week :) I just hope it serves as a reminder for everybody hogging slots and those who are being "hogged"... :)

Cheers!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.