Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: International Long haul  (Read 3513 times)

VDM

• Former member
Re: International Long haul
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 06:26:41 AM »
I do not know in which world you're playing, so I have no idea of demand and oil prices... Considering that the demand is given and those pax want to fly, they'll do it for whichever price they'll find on the market (provided that your prices are lower than competitors').

However, remember this rule: you pay a high price for a long range a/c. So, the longer is the route you're flying, the better is your a/c "utilisation" (and so, your economic results). An A330-300 would do very well on a 5000NM route with three class seating config. You can even stretch the range choosing a "Premium" seating config, but it's up to you.

To give you an example: I had A343 flying out from DOH to JFK. The route is so long that the a/c can't fly it daily, so I needed 3 a/c to fly the route daily, have both of them A-checked once a week and give up one flight per month because of B-checks.
Between the DOH-JFK flights, there were DOH-MUC flights with 3hrs between scheds. The third a/c operated the DOH-JFK on Sun and filled up other gaps during the week.
I had a fleet of A330/340 and A32X, so commonality costs were at minimum levels.

Cheers

Thank you for this above. :) The oil is 1 015 USD in MT4 (I copied and pasted the oil price into this here) at the time of my writing this message.

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 06:45:52 AM »
Well, 1015 USD/ton is a high price, if you're lucky and survive the spike, you'll see what the A330 can give you in terms of profit ;)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
Well, 1015 USD/ton is a high price, if you're lucky and survive the spike, you'll see what the A330 can give you in terms of profit ;)

What?

The spike is when fuel hits $1400. Now is normal fuel price.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
What?

I still remember when there was a time with fuel prices at 400USD/ton... Those were good old times! ;)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 01:55:50 PM »
I still remember when there was a time with fuel prices at 400USD/ton... Those were good old times! ;)

You would have loved playing in the early days then  :laugh:
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

VDM

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »
What?

I bet this highest fuel price would make airlines go bankrupt quickly unless they own so many aircraft. I guess. It is not good when a small airline competes so heavily with deep-pocketed airlines. I notice my 330-300s are generating money but it is not very much like $1m or more weekly yet.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »
I bet this highest fuel price would make airlines go bankrupt quickly unless they own so many aircraft. I guess. It is not good when a small airline competes so heavily with deep-pocketed airlines. I notice my 330-300s are generating money but it is not very much like $1m or more weekly yet.

I haven't gotten 1m/week since 2008 (game time) on my A333s.

Nowadays, I get 750k a week on most planes
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:33 PM »
I haven't gotten 1m/week since 2008 (game time) on my A333s.

Nowadays, I get 750k a week on most planes

Depends from the routes... I do not know how the prices are going but they should drop at one point unless sami fiddled with the price customisation. There was a moment in 2009 when the oil was somewhere slightly below 50USD/barrel so the prices should drop to around 400-500 USD/barrel. Always provided that sami hasn't touched the prices variable.
I was doing close to 2mln with an A340 in 2006, before going bankrupt. What killed me was the debt taken to buy some big a/c: it was a bad choice but the rising interest rate killed my income, plus competition and so on...

Online type45

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 04:47:17 AM »
It is custom fuel price in this world, but I remember sami only file the real world data until 2007/8, so it should be free fall now? :-\

but $1000/ton is HIGH, you can't/very unlikely to make a "reasonable" profit (not less than $600k for me :P) with leased standard 3 class config 772ER/332/767, even without big competition. If the fuel price become $400/ton next week, my weekly profit should rise to $1.4b......how high the gas bill is >:(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.