Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: oversupply??  (Read 1583 times)

George McMeekin

• Former member
oversupply??
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:20:33 PM »
Just got an over supply notice, checked the route in question and found a load factor of 77.9 outbound and 63.5 inbound??, wheres the over supply??

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: oversupply??
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 12:26:24 PM »
It has nothing to do with your load factor on the route. It as to do with the number of seats you supply compared to the average daily demand - you are not permitted to supply more than 200% of the average daily demand.

George McMeekin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:42:23 PM »
The route demand is only 22 seats, I have two flights with 29 seats per flight......

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
2x 29 = 58. 22x2 = 44.

58 > 44

Are there further questions from your side?

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/General/Rules/#Competition -> 'Routes vs. seats'

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
The route demand is only 22 seats, I have two flights with 29 seats per flight......

Just cancel one of the daily flights and the problem goes away and you match capacity much closer to demand which can only be a good thing for you too.

gkt248

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »
How is it that some people are able to supply MUCH more than 200% of a route and not have to close.  This is really annoying as I deliberately have small aircraft serving routes with 10 or 20 demand per day, yet my competition is flying aircraft with 39 or more seats per day and taking market share. In one case it is an 85 seat flight DAILY where demand is showing as 10 per day.

Why are these routes not being closed down?  Or is he just reopening them again and again.

This, combined with increasing boredom , is causing me to lose interest in the game.

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 11:25:57 PM »
I had an oversupply warning (the 2nd in my life) because I'm flying bigger a/c than my competitors on one route. IRL that route is even served by A332 once in a while, when the company has to rotate a/c for maintenance, but I had to drop on flight per day because the other two guys uses a smaller a/c with less seat while I use bigger a/c and same frequency... I'll whack one of those two guys, tipically mafia style! ;)

Offline hetman

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:44:05 PM »
Curse explained correctly, and there is one more aspect to add: competition.

I did not make further calculation, but I found that when you have around 70% of the pax on one route, you cannot oversupply. On the other side, for example, I had a route of 10 pax/day demand and offered 55 seats daily, 100% of the demand, never received the oversupply notice (even so, today that route is closed due to low profit).

And there is also another case. Example, one route with 100pax per day, 3 companies fighting this route. One can offer 300 seats daily - if each one has 33,33% of the share, there is no oversupply.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
How is it that some people are able to supply MUCH more than 200% of a route and not have to close.  This is really annoying as I deliberately have small aircraft serving routes with 10 or 20 demand per day, yet my competition is flying aircraft with 39 or more seats per day and taking market share. In one case it is an 85 seat flight DAILY where demand is showing as 10 per day.

Why are these routes not being closed down?  Or is he just reopening them again and again.

This, combined with increasing boredom , is causing me to lose interest in the game.

I remember reading somewhere (can't find it now) that Sami tweaked the system for low demand routes.

As I understand it, on low demand routes it is possible to supply over 200% as long as the airline only has one flight per day maximum as market share is dependant on the number of frequencies rather than the number of seats supplied. So, if one airline operates a 30 seat aircraft once per day and another airline operates a 100 seat aircraft once per day on a 30 pax/day demand route, each airline will take around 50% share so the amount of seats they offer is not important. However, using a 50 seat aircraft two times per day would not be allowed and would trigger a warning.

If they fly the route just once per day with a large aircraft, the system will not send a warning or close down the route.

Obviously, if an airline chooses to send a 737 on a route that has demand of only 10 passengers, they are foolish and it will make them no money, but it is possible to operate these very low demand routes profitably with slightly larger aircraft than those with only 20-30 seats. In JA4 I serve a few routes with 20 pax per day demand with a 48 seat F27 as there are not enough low demand routes to justify an extra aircraft type just for those routes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.