Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Final statement for this game world  (Read 2506 times)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Final statement for this game world
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »
I know there's a feed back thread, but there's a lot of feedback in it, mostly from beginning of the game world, so maybe it's a good idea to seperate this.

As Jet Age, this game world is much too easy in my eyes. The used market is ok and even extremely oversupplied with "normal" starter aircraft for the beginning of the game world like C-46 and DC-3. Due to the low fuel prices and the low staff salaries it's easily possible to make lots of money. I went inactive for nearly 7 ingame years (!) and my airline grew extremely and is the most biggest airline in the game world (with $1.3bn value to $0.3 to the second), even those people played all the time. This shouldn't be so.

Demand is ok, but I was based at Atlanta and demand is always ok there. On the other hand in real game worlds there will be slots in no time. The current Jet Age has this problem, too, but in this game world there are much less slots available. Atlanta was out of slots after ~12 month, this was when I went inactiv.

Also there is a lack of some good tech stop airports or, more realistic, a second tech-stop.

Without a second tech-stop the aircrafts of this era (except the Bristol Britannia later for some routes) are not able to cover many routes. US West Coast to Asia (except Japan)? Not possible. West Coast to Europe? Not possible. Mid-US to Mid/South-Europe or even Africa? Not possible. As Europe and US have an extremely huge domestic market, this might be ok, but what's with airlines out of Hong Kong or Sao Paulo? Johannesburg? It's simply technically impossible for them to fly bigger aircraft on bigger routes.

So, I like the scenario. In Jet Age lots of people just want those "cool" Jets and order Caravelle even in the real world they were a total desaster etc., but here it is really nice to fly smaller props and bigger ones, taking lots of time for routes.

Offline powi

• Members
Re: Final statement for this game world
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »
I was based at Stockholm. Twelve small aircraft was the maximum that Stockholm could profitably support. A-B-C-D-C-B-A routes with pax going from A to B, C & D would increase demand as would pax stacking within a week to make once or twice a week flights profitable.

I also ran out of morning and evening slots with my 12 aircraft and no competition.

In-game experience may vary depending where you choose to base ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.