Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: One route that is bugging me to death...  (Read 5259 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
One route that is bugging me to death...
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:06:17 AM »
I have a little airline out of KLGB. Everything else is making money except one route which is KLGB-KDEN. I have the route all to myself. I have lost alot of money just leaving at default, as well as trying up and down on the fare and it just stays in the red. I am using an F-70 because I have no desire to become a mega carrier, just a nice little regional west of the Rocky Mountains. The thing that is so strange, its only the one route. I can get another plane easily enough, but would adding frequency help? I don't see how. In fact all my routes are occupied only by me except for KLGB-KLAS. So I just don't get it. Has this happened to anyone else? Having a route all to yourself and have it be in red no matter what you try to do? Right now the fare is a little lower than default which took it from $6000 in the red to about $4000. I lowered it a little more, no change after that. I just don't know. Help please? ???
P.S. I think this may be one instance where default pricing is not the best idea.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: One route that is bugging me to death...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
The aircraft which operates that flight likely has a higher lease price than your other aircraft, resulting in reduced profit
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 03:54:22 AM »
But I only operate F-70's. Nothing else. And the price was quite reasonable for going 11.1 months without a C check. I dunno. I think its a fare thing truthfully, because the F-70's are doing fine on everything else. I thank you for the input though! :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 03:58:39 AM »
Yep! Now that I'm raising the fare to a rediculous level (which may not be a bad thing) the loss is starting to slow down and get lower. Now why on earth would that be? Maybe because its a small plane, comparitively speaking? ???

maple

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 05:52:09 AM »
That route looks very profitable. Is there any diffrerence of the fuel burning, if you compare that route for an other?

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »
I think that the route is pretty far for a 70-seater, specially in MT4. Plus, burning the same as a F100 and not carrying premium pax....Is this a new route or it's established LF?

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »
Now I didn't think of that! Maybe the best thing to do is shut it down and start over with an F100 or something. I tried to fly the route with an MD-81 at one time and the same thing happened pricewise. So it looks like we need something in between. Wish me luck! (Thank gosh I have credits to play like this!)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
I think that the route is pretty far for a 70-seater, specially in MT4. Plus, burning the same as a F100 and not carrying premium pax....Is this a new route or it's established LF?
I am the only one flying the route.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
Ok, started over with A320's. Its working and I'll just have to get out of the regional mind set. :laugh:

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 11:40:33 PM »
The plane is too small for that long of a length of haul to make any money when fuel is $1000

A good rule of thumb when fuel is expensive is take seats and multiply by 10 and that is the furthest youll usually be able to fly and make money.

So 50 seats = 500 NM max. Anything more and youll bleed money due to high fuel prices.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 11:43:03 PM »
The plane is too small for that long of a length of haul to make any money when fuel is $1000

A good rule of thumb when fuel is expensive is take seats and multiply by 10 and that is the furthest youll usually be able to fly and make money.

So 50 seats = 500 NM max. Anything more and youll bleed money due to high fuel prices.

+1, great rule of thumb
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 11:46:23 AM »
SOOO

Rule of thumb, take a 777 or A330, that gives oh say 2800 to 3400nm only, strange!!!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.