Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Playing with the ticket price  (Read 1544 times)

davigo

• Former member
Playing with the ticket price
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
Is it possible to get more profit by rising up the ticket price?
i tried rise it for 5% and i lost 20% of the LF

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: Playing with the ticket price
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
I suggest leaving the prices at the default value. Also, lowering your ticket prices have almost no effect on your load factors, not even with competition.

coatedmoney

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
Hey Davigo,

i tried it this game as well and lost load factors drastically - Net profit also suffered as lost much more traffic then the few extra dollars it generated.

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »
Do you not have to put your ticket prices up for inflation? If i start a route in 1960, do i not have to charge more for the same flight in 1970? if so, how often should i put them up, and by how much?

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
Do you not have to put your ticket prices up for inflation? If i start a route in 1960, do i not have to charge more for the same flight in 1970? if so, how often should i put them up, and by how much?

No, you should just reset the prices to the default value from time to time at the price management screen. The default value adjusts itself. :)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
No, you should just reset the prices to the default value from time to time at the price management screen. The default value adjusts itself. :)

So, in other words, yes to his question.
And to adjust the price, just click the reset prices- button, once or twice a year.

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 03:54:35 PM »
So, in other words, yes to his question.
And to adjust the price, just click the reset prices- button, once or twice a year.

Lol, I just did that and the average ticket price dropped by a dollar, (and i have never changed them from default)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
Lol, I just did that and the average ticket price dropped by a dollar, (and i have never changed them from default)

Yeah, they can sometimes go down as well. Think of recession, like the one that's currently on (or, coming to an end, I hope).
I was going to add not to change the prices if they would be lowered, but then thought that even then lowering might still bring better income...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
Sometimes I'll have price sale and lower prices by 5%, make a quick killing and then up them again 2% at first and then the other 3%. It can work if the conditions are right such as hot competition or starting a new route to create awareness more quickly. Better than doing a route specific ad campaign. I don't do this in all games though.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
Sometimes I'll have price sale and lower prices by 5%, make a quick killing and then up them again 2% at first and then the other 3%. It can work if the conditions are right such as hot competition or starting a new route to create awareness more quickly. Better than doing a route specific ad campaign. I don't do this in all games though.

Do you realize, that if you drop your prices by 5%, then increase them again by 2% and 3%, you end up having 99,8% of the original price  :laugh:  ::) ;)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
Do you realize, that if you drop your prices by 5%, then increase them again by 2% and 3%, you end up having 99,8% of the original price  :laugh:  ::) ;)
Oh well. I can always press the default button, LOL! ::) As I said, I don't do it alot. Just once in awhile. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.