Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New plane deliveries  (Read 2865 times)

jumbo Mouse

• Former member
New plane deliveries
« on: May 04, 2011, 01:16:25 AM »
About the new aircraft market.

Would it not be nice and more than reasonable, once you have ordered you aircraft, to get the first 3 aircraft in succession, as this would help with commonality, I received the first TUP114, but had to wait 2 months for the next, so the guy who ordered behind me got his a few days later. Would it not be reaonable to get the first 3 first then stagger them.

I have to agree with swiftus, too easy to make money from nothing!

There needs to be more penalty on aircraft age, seating, and between prop and jet.

JM

Offline EYguy

• Members
Re: New plane deliveries
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:30:52 AM »
Everything depends on how many a/c and when you ordered them. You can choose the approx date of delivery for your a/c when you order them (both new and used) so that you can have a "mass" EIS for every a/c type. If you're not too much in a hurry, you can order your new a/c, set their delivery date and you'll probably be able to take delivery of your new airframe in a few days in a row (have a look at the delivery sched for every type). This is how I did in a few worlds and I can take delivery of two a/c per type in a month, which is very good for commonality an fleet growth! :)

Edo

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:31:54 AM »
I received the first TUP114, but had to wait 2 months for the next
Be happy, I will receive my second Tu-114 SEVEN months after the first aircraft :'(
TK Regional

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:05 AM »
You can choose the approx date of delivery for your a/c when you order them (both new and used) so that you can have a "mass" EIS for every a/c type. I..... I can take delivery of two a/c per type in a month

This is not possible. The delivery date of new aircraft can't be changed and two arrivals per month is normal for bigger construction lines and/or small and medium aircraft in general.

Especially the Tu-114 is a big problem. I avoided this problem by waiting for others filling up those "bad" early slots with slow deliveries, but it's not possible to get more than one Tu-114 every two or more month. I ordered 21x of them in a row, in one big order, so there are no "ordering"-gaps. It's just the AWS system.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »
I avoided this problem by waiting for others filling up those "bad" early slots with slow deliverie

Do you realise you can skip orders to avoid slots you don't want? You can just set the drop down box to "Skip/Do not order this" for each slot you don't want. OK so it's not MUCH flexibility but it's something. I agree though it'd be nice if you could defer a couple of deliveries so that you get two or three at once, as per the real world. I guess the system would just be over complicated if every little "I want" were implemented though.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »
If this was a democracy, we would be spending half the time in AWS customizing flavors of tea and coffee, and discussing how more slices of ham on a sandwich should be increasing company CI.  ;)

:laugh: ::)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »
Do you realise you can skip orders to avoid slots you don't want? You can just set the drop down box to "Skip/Do not order this" for each slot you don't want. OK so it's not MUCH flexibility but it's something. I agree though it'd be nice if you could defer a couple of deliveries so that you get two or three at once, as per the real world. I guess the system would just be over complicated if every little "I want" were implemented though.

Unfortunately this doesn't help in any way. So yeah, I knew this is possible, but it isn't useful for this problem.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.