Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do I get invited to an alliance?  (Read 1457 times)

BHigg

• Former member
How do I get invited to an alliance?
« on: May 03, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »
Should i message people directly, post on here, or just wait for someone to invite me? or start my own?!

Jps

• Former member
Re: How do I get invited to an alliance?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:18:36 PM »
Those are pretty much your options, however waiting for someone to invite you might take a long time  ::)

The best bet for you is to look at the alliances in your game world, and that none of their players is a big competitor of yours. When you find a good alliance, just pm their leaders and ask if you could join them.
You can also start a new thread (or look if one already exists) in your game-world and post your request to join an alliance there.

To start your own airline, you need to have a big enough company as well as 2 other people interested in creating an alliance. Best way to find other people is to advertise on the game- specific forum.

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
Top tip from JWA (as the Principal founding member) - look to reduce your fleet groups down to at most 4 or 5 types, and to increase your CV.  These will make you look much more attractiveto alliances seeking new members. 

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
Top tip from JWA (as the Principal founding member) - look to reduce your fleet groups down to at most 4 or 5 types, and to increase your CV.  These will make you look much more attractiveto alliances seeking new members. 

My fleet will be down to 5 types within 12 months. I took out some planes on 1 year leases to reserve my routes/slots.
What do you mean by increasing my CV?

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 04:40:29 PM »
Sorry, was writing in shorthand - CV is Company Value.  Generally you want to be in rthe black the whole time so as to avoid bankruptcy risks in the event of cashflow blips, but also most 'strong' airlines will either have substantial value or very strong order books of future types (50+ orders etc).  Building up your owned aircraft is one of the best ways to do this, especially in Jet Age where planes are relatively cheap.  For example, I own almost all of my AW650's (38 of 40 - last two will be bought out in the new tax year), and all of the Il-18 I have on order are for direct purchase.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
You can just PM one of the main people in the alliance and ask. Sometimes they'll just say yes, sometimes they say wait until you've met all of our qualifications.
But you can certainly ask without being invited.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »
You can just PM one of the main people in the alliance and ask. Sometimes they'll just say yes, sometimes they say wait until you've met all of our qualifications.

Sometimes they say just "no" :)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:50 AM »
yep sometimes they do.

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »
Sometimes they say just "no" :)

Or not even bother to reply, as i have found from a couple.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »
Or not even bother to reply, as i have found from a couple.

I hope I'm not one of those who failed to reply.  I've always tried to when I've been a manager, but I know there have been a few points where I've probably missed a couple.  :-[

BHigg

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »
I hope I'm not one of those who failed to reply.  I've always tried to when I've been a manager, but I know there have been a few points where I've probably missed a couple.  :-[

No it wasn't you!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.