Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Money with Tupolev TU 204  (Read 1486 times)

Pepsico8

• Former member
Money with Tupolev TU 204
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:36 PM »
Is it possible to earn a profit with the TU 204 on routes over 1800nm?

Thanks

Offline Unbornio

• Members
Re: Money with Tupolev TU 204
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »
Oh my, the retrieval of Russian planes.  :o

Try to avoid them as much as you can. But to answer your question, since the Tu-204 is MUCH MUCH butter than the Tu-154, and those actually make a slim profit, yes.

Beta Tester

Offline Erik

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »
The Russian carriers usually tend to drink a bit of fuel, long turn-around times, and as well quite pricey C Checks. Yes try to avoid em'

Online knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
The Russian carriers usually tend to drink a bit of fuel

I had a small fleet of TU204's with Rolls Royce engines and they were OK I think. They still drank 10% or so more fuel than similar engines on a 757 for 15% less seats. I went bankrupt mainly because I had loads of E170's - NOT because of the TU204's although they're basically a aircraft with the capacity not much more than a large 737 but the costs a little more than a 757 (including the dreaded long turn-around).  I don't think I'd bother again although, it has to be said, the Russian types are MUCH cheaper to acquire so if you do the sums they might work out OK for rapid short term growth. I'm certainly happy with my An-140's and the Chinese Xian's too.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:07:20 AM »
I had a small fleet of TU204's with Rolls Royce engines and they were OK I think. They still drank 10% or so more fuel than similar engines on a 757 for 15% less seats. I went bankrupt mainly because I had loads of E170's - NOT because of the TU204's although they're basically a aircraft with the capacity not much more than a large 737 but the costs a little more than a 757 (including the dreaded long turn-around).  I don't think I'd bother again although, it has to be said, the Russian types are MUCH cheaper to acquire so if you do the sums they might work out OK for rapid short term growth. I'm certainly happy with my An-140's and the Chinese Xian's too.
Regional jets can be quite the killers!!!

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 05:22:02 AM »
The Russian carriers usually tend to drink a bit of fuel, long turn-around times, and as well quite pricey C Checks. Yes try to avoid em'

I think one of the exception is An-140 (maybe the only one exception!).

maple

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 05:37:02 AM »
Fuel economy is the serious problem. They're cheap, but maintenance and adminstration costs are high. I used them once, and they are profitable if fuel prices are under $ 500 and planes are leased, if you own the planes, then fuel price can rise to $ 700 and you still can make a profit. At this situation, when fuel prices are over $ 1000, forget it.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 08:23:16 PM »
I think one of the exception is An-140 (maybe the only one exception!).

and Sukhoi Superjet, which is reasonable compared to Embraer and Bombardier and has no waiting line at all.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.