Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Tu-144  (Read 2302 times)

DJ_HI_TEC

• Former member
Tu-144
« on: April 16, 2011, 07:10:14 PM »
So, does anybody have a rough idea of when this thing usually comes out in AWS? The timelines of the real Tu-144 are too spread out and fraught with issues to give me a good idea of when it would arrive in game. I'd love to see at least a few of these flying in our Soviet aircraft alliance. Hopefully we don't have the problems that the Russians did with it :P

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: Tu-144
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
I'm flying it ATM in JA3 and it is a no-go if you lease it. If you own it, it will make a small profit (in HD seating). It was launched in '63 and first deliveries were in '76 (so it takes a long while for delivery after launch). It's a magnificent aircraft and I was the first one to have it.

Also see http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,29581.0.html ;D

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 07:26:36 PM »
Besides the Tu-144, you know which Russian aircraft I have an affection for? Is the Tu-134. When they got rid of the glass noses it was a great looking plane and I bet a few are still flying as business jets or something. I don't know why, I just liked that aircraft. Anyone using it for scheduled flights in the real world any more or is it in the scrap heap with all the DC-9-10's?  ;)

DJ_HI_TEC

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
I'm flying it ATM in JA3 and it is a no-go if you lease it. If you own it, it will make a small profit (in HD seating). It was launched in '63 and first deliveries were in '76 (so it takes a long while for delivery after launch). It's a magnificent aircraft and I was the first one to have it.

Also see http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,29581.0.html ;D

Yeah, I figured it's profitability would be similar to the Concorde (IE: very limited, can sink an airline if bought at the wrong time). I guess it's going to be a while before we get it then.

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »
very limited, can sink an airline if bought at the wrong time
It's not about making money, its about having the privilege to operate that beauty :laugh: The Tu-144 will be the flagship of my airline if I'm able to establish a major Soviet a/c based airline ;D
TK Regional

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »
Besides the Tu-144, you know which Russian aircraft I have an affection for? Is the Tu-134. When they got rid of the glass noses it was a great looking plane and I bet a few are still flying as business jets or something. I don't know why, I just liked that aircraft. Anyone using it for scheduled flights in the real world any more or is it in the scrap heap with all the DC-9-10's?  ;)

You wanna fly a VIP Tu-134? ;D

http://www.aflp.ru/

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »

you still have plenty of chances ;D go to Russia, take a flight with one the smaller, regional airlines and 50% chance you would end flying tu134 or its bigger brother tu154. "Aeroflot" got rid of them by now, but the rest are still happily flying them - so its hardly an exotic thing...

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
Lovely Tu-134 cockpit!

(removed by admin)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:58:05 PM by sami »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
careful, Sami doesn't like it when you take copyrighted pictures from other websites.

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 11:40:24 AM »
The watermarks are on it including the names of the photographers... not a problem.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 12:34:11 PM »
No, those are put in there to prevent exactly what you are doing.  Just because something has its copyright aqttached doesn't mean you can copy it.

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 12:38:44 PM »
No, those are put in there to prevent exactly what you are doing.  Just because something has its copyright aqttached doesn't mean you can copy it.

It's to prevent I claim they're mine. And I do not.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 12:38:59 PM »
Linking pictures is ok if you name the source of the picture/autor and linking is not clearly forbidden (I don't know if airliners.net forbids this).

Just how law situation is in Germany/EU, maybe the situation in the US is different.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »
There is a reason that sami hasnt linked pictures from this any many other websites to fill the holes in all of the missing airplane photos.  They simply are not in the public domain and this is a for profit website

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:49:26 PM by swiftus27 »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »
The differece is commercial use.

Sami gets money from us for AirwaySim, AWS is a commercial project and as this it isn't allowed to used pictures etc. without permission or license. Exceptions from this are some very special things of daily life, like aircraft names (but this is not EU law).
Ilyushin is just a private person who linked this. And this should be ok as long as hotlinking isn't forbidden by the source. In this case it would (German law only) also be ok if he copies the picture and uploads it himself, but clearly with shown watermarks and sources.

Again, US law can be different. I don't know, my study focus is German law with parts of EU law.

PS: If arliners.net is also a commercial website, so these pictures are only available in a special member area one must pay for, it wouldn't also be allowed to be linked here or copied and uploaded. I don't know airliners.net, so I can't make a clear statement on this!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »
Simple, you cannot repost, redistribute etc. images to which you have no permissions. This includes hotlinking on airliners.net pics. The copyright statement at bottom does not change anything. Linking to the respective page at a.net is naturally ok.

(makes no difference if this site is 'free' or not)

edit, lots of typos, I hate typing with this iPad..

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:02:42 PM by sami »

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 02:59:20 PM »
you still have plenty of chances ;D go to Russia, take a flight with one the smaller, regional airlines and 50% chance you would end flying tu134 or its bigger brother tu154. "Aeroflot" got rid of them by now, but the rest are still happily flying them - so its hardly an exotic thing...
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Now if I only had airfare to get to Russia!!! :laugh:

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
You wanna fly a VIP Tu-134? ;D

http://www.aflp.ru/
I would! It would be a blast!!!! I'm sure! :)

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »
I would! It would be a blast!!!! I'm sure! :)

Its says on the website that they can fly only to the countries where there are no noise level restrictions (and probably no safety regulations too :laugh:)

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 03:10:49 PM »
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Now if I only had airfare to get to Russia!!! :laugh:

Ever thought taking a boat instead?:))

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.