AirwaySim
Online Airline Management Simulation
Login
Username
Password
 
or login using:
 
My Account
Username:
E-mail:
Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Question about buying planes  (Read 990 times)

BHigg

  • Former member
Question about buying planes
« on: April 16, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
What happens if you pay your 40% deposit when ordering a plane but do not have the other 60% when it's ready to be delivered?

Online [ATA] Sunbao

  • Members
  • Posts: 901
    • FmFreaks
Re: Question about buying planes
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
What happens if you pay your 40% deposit when ordering a plane but do not have the other 60% when it's ready to be delivered?

Your will get the plane the money will be taked from your account and the bank will be after you

Offline JumboShrimp

  • Members
  • Posts: 5992
Re: Question about buying planes
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:35:24 AM »
What happens if you pay your 40% deposit when ordering a plane but do not have the other 60% when it's ready to be delivered?

It will still be delivered, the money will be taken from your account, possibly going into negative territory.  It will be up to you to get your bank account to positive again.  You can use the aircraft as a security for a loan.

Nlgravity

  • Former member
Re: Question about buying planes
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »
Or, alternatively, you can also sell short the airplane you bought with a 3M future settlement. That way you would hedge your exposure to negative territory and operate the plane for 3 months...

Offline swiftus27

  • Members
  • Posts: 4395
Re: Question about buying planes
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:27:26 PM »
sell it for a profit and pay those bankers back...


Nlgravity

  • Former member
Re: Question about buying planes
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 02:43:40 AM »
sell it for a profit and pay those bankers back...



Incorect... the proceeds from the sale of the plane would go back to the taxpayers that bailed out the bank that financed the purchased of the plane

Offline BobTheCactus

  • Members
  • Posts: 1244
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: Question about buying planes
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:33:54 AM »
Incorect... the proceeds from the sale of the plane would go back to the taxpayers that bailed out the bank that financed the purchased of the plane
in theory
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.