Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New alliance? 2x Founding Members wanted  (Read 2608 times)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
New alliance? 2x Founding Members wanted
« on: April 15, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »
Hey guys,

I'd quite like to set up a new alliance group in JA4.  So I'm looking for a couple of founding members  :)

My general thoughts are that:

- I'd like to get some players who have some experiance (enough to know what they are doing!)
- However, I want to make a new alliance in both senses, in this gameworld and in general - something to take on the established WorldLink/GoldStar/KeyChoice allainces
- Ideally players who like using the forums, chatting about strategy, ideas and so on
- Mature and sensible, but with a desire to do well!
- The allaince will be open to applications (unlike the closed ones we have now), but airlines will be vetted for suitability before being allowed in

In particular, it would be great to get a North American founder and a Far-East founder, as I'm based in Europe.  However, so long as there are no huge conflicts another European carrier would be fine too.

Volunteers on a postcard!

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: New alliance? 2x Founding Members wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:26:28 PM »
Hey,

I'm interested in being a founder of the alliance. I am based in Moscow Sheremetyevo (UUEE/SVO) and I am planning to run an all-Soviet aircraft airline. The Convairliners will be phased out within half a year. I took those because I thought a start with Il-12 aircraft would be too risky.

- I'd like to get some players who have some experiance (enough to know what they are doing!)
I have some experience (half a year or so now?) and usually I know what I'm doing. ;D (Don't counter me by saying I'm running an all Soviet airline. ;D)

- However, I want to make a new alliance in both senses, in this gameworld and in general - something to take on the established WorldLink/GoldStar/KeyChoice allainces
I'm in!

- Ideally players who like using the forums, chatting about strategy, ideas and so on
I think you know I use the forums a lot. :)

- Mature and sensible, but with a desire to do well! 
Mature, perhaps. ;D Sensible, I try to be. And of course I want to do well.

- The allaince will be open to applications (unlike the closed ones we have now), but airlines will be vetted for suitability before being allowed in 
Sounds good to me.

Link to my airline page.

However, I will only join if TK1244 may join as founding member as well. He will have his tenth aircraft by February 1961.

Thanks,

Ilyushin

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:38:46 PM »
Hey Ilyushin - sounds good for the most part.  Not sure if we'll be waiting til Feb 1961 or not, I've already got a PM from a US carrier who's keen so we'll have to see.  Obviosuly TK is welcome anyway if we get started soon.

I've no immediate problem with Soviet tin, if you can make it work all power to you - just remember that the 1973 oil price spike will hurt!  I'm a Brit, and love the British aircraft of the 1950s-1980s, so I tend to back them and fully understand national bias and supporting your own country in-game - hence I'm ordering Britannia's not 707s for my Longhaul routes, quite apart from availability concerns on the 707...

While I'd like to really challenge the old alliances, it will be hard and if we can have an alliance with some characterful airlines in then that's great too.

Everyone else - if you're keen, drop us a line here, or sned me a PM.  We'll get an alliance started as soon as we can, and if you don't make it as a founding member I'll be sending out invites to interested airlines anyway.

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
would be interested from a north american side, 40 planes in operation + another 40 on order:)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »
Good to hear from you Andriy - looks like you are another East Coast operator, but a little way away from another guy who was interested - and ready to go now, so that would be good so we can start getting our alliance rating and points up!

If Ilyushin is willing to start up with us (given you are another player who likes Soviet tin after all) I can set us up - then we can invite TK and the other guy I've got interested as they get more planes.

Meanwhile, if anyone else is keen get in touch!  8)

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »
I possess these qualities you are seeking. My airline is based in San Juan, Puerto Rico and growing quickly. It would make the alliance even more diverse.

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
Excellent - again, as yet you need afew more aircraft to be a founding member, but keep in touch here - as soon as we can start we will, and I'll invite those who''ve shown an interest and who's airlines are in good shape once we get going

cacoguus86

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 05:56:26 PM »
How many planes do i need to be in, im at mexico city airport

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:13 PM »
Ten aircraft, and with an airline at least six months old - I have to admit though your airline fleet is worrying, you have 6 types in service or on order, lots that are very old, and a negative value.  If you can improve that situation and stay profitable I will invite you once we get going.

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:56 PM »
Count me out, you've already got plenty of people and I want to manage an alliance with TK1244. ;) But thanks anyway!

Ilyushin

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »
No problem, good luck with your alliance - I'll be curious how you do with a Soviet aircraft-based alliance :)

As for this alliance, I decided to go with something thematic for the name, and am planning for the 'Jet' World Alliance, reflecting our origins in JA and international reach, but which won't become outdated in other gameworlds.  I've also designed a stylised logo based on the name (see below).  If anyone really hates it let me know, but I'm hoping to go ahead with it pretty much as is.

We now have one east-coast US carrier old enough and large enough to act as a founder, so we are lookign for one more.  We also have several interested airlines that are not yet large enough to join, but which will be included in due course. So, if you are interested in joing the newest alliance in AirwaySim at the start of this game world, get in touch here or by PM.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
something to take on the established WorldLink/GoldStar/KeyChoice allainces

I feel very hurt that you left off the AMAZING alliance SkyConnect, which is the #1 alliance in both rating and score in MT4 and NAC.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 08:59:28 PM »
Sorry SkyConnect - we do of course want to rise up and overthrow you as well, along with any desert-dwelling fauna-based members named Bob ::)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 11:33:10 AM »
We have now started the creation process, with myself and another founder signed up and confirmed.  However, our other founder has dropped out - if anyone who was interested but short of aircraft has now got the requisite 10, please get in touch.  If others are interested we would also be delighted to hear from you!

GEnx

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »
I feel very hurt that you left off the AMAZING alliance SkyConnect, which is the #1 alliance in both rating and score in MT4 and NAC.

In MT4, not anymore. :)

beetle1303

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »
Hi everyone, im new here, but interested in this alliance.
I know my A/C count is low and will be apparently for some time. Reason is im going for a less aggresive expansion rate for my airline.
Im willing to do strategies and forum chat, since im online most of the time.
I may be a worthly addition to this alliance since im based in ZBAA, and it should be interesting to see two alliances fight over this airport.
Silver Rocket is the primary user of ZBAA, but im second.

ANW if you would like me aboard let me know.

PS. Is there anyone else working with A/C for real?Im a dispatcher for a small CGO Airline in based in Athens, Greece

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
Excellent - again, as yet you need afew more aircraft to be a founding member, but keep in touch here - as soon as we can start we will, and I'll invite those who''ve shown an interest and who's airlines are in good shape once we get going
Well, by the time I get the planes I have on order, I'll have 13. I'm in Puerto Rico too, which is technically North America. I was looking for a 10th plane to lease but, nothing suitable as of this moment. I am also converting over to jets and Electras (actually a jet with props aka prop-jet! :laugh:). Hope you'll keep me in mind. SJU is a great base that has done well for me in the past. Great gateway to North, Central, and South America. I have also flown successfully to Southern Europe from there. Just for your information. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:32:36 PM by L1011fan »

wtdawg

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
What the heck, I'll jump in.

Rising Sons out of Nagoya.  21 A/C at the moment.  My airline value is actually higher than it appears because the 5 NAMC's on order are for direct purchase.  I plan on them replacing my current leased fleet.  I'd like to have a majority Japanese-produced fleet.  Looking at opening up a second Japan base airport at some point.

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 11:01:46 PM »
Latest update - I have re-issued the third founder member invite, and hope we will be up and running shortly.  Once we are ,I will post a bunch of stuff in the forums (public and alliance), and send out invites to people who've been in touch.  Member airlines will be checked out to ensure we add quality fleets and try to avoid excessive overlap, but I imagine most people will be able to join if they are interested and have sensible plans moving forward - I know a lot of people have ben struggling with the Used Market!

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »
This one can be locked off now - we have got our founding members, set ourselves up and are now operating as 'Jet' World Alliance.

We have also taken on a number of players.  In addition, we have recieved several applications that are now being reviewed by our current members, and anticipate these being concluded within 72hrs real-time.  As this may take us up to nearly 20 members if all invites and applications are successful, we have closed applications for now.  Depending on what happens they may re-open in due course.

If you were previously interested but have not recieved an invite or heard from us, please get in touch, and I make a note to list your airline as a possible additional member once we start the next recruiting period in a few days.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.