Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: So I read somewhere in the forum that the Comet is a waste of...  (Read 1178 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
money. Is anyone who is operating them happy with them? I'm curious and thinking about ordering one (the 4-C) for historical sake. Thoughts anyone or stick to my 707's? Not too worried about commonality with only one (maybe two) just because we haven't had them before and they were very famous (imfamous?).
Just wondered. And sami? Why no Constellations? They were wonderful performers as well as popular with passengers. It would've been a great added attraction to the game. ???

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: So I read somewhere in the forum that the Comet is a waste of...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »
The bigger variants of the Comet should be ok. The smaller ones can also turn in a profit, but not so much many people expect I think...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »
Thank you! I think I'll get a 4-C just to make it interesting. :)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 04:56:20 AM »
It's my first Jet Age game and I went for Comet's (also 4C's).  They're making around $120,000 per week profit which is the same as my DC-6's.  They seem good for augmenting/replacing DC-6's on regional routes less than about 1200nm but mine are doing 2 turns per day on longer routes.  The 707/DC8 is too big (for me) and thirsty and suffers from longer turns and the Caravelle is just too small for my routes. CV 880's would be nice but they just seem too expensive to own and run. I plan to replace the Comets with Tridents in a few years. But then again... 727's should be available by then...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
Dont get CV880's or 990's unless its a short lease. The really guzzle the fuel for the amount of passengers they carry. Thats just my take on it.

ucfknightryan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 06:39:54 PM »
I also have a few 4Cs on order to supplement my Caravelles.  The Caravelle just doesn't have the legs to fly across North America, and with how long I have to wait for DC-8s, I want to reserve those for destinations I need a DC-8 to reach.  I don't plan on keeping them long term though, I plan on eventually replacing them with either Tridents, 727s, or 737s.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.