Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: overnight turnarounds?  (Read 1120 times)

horvath.tibor

• Former member
overnight turnarounds?
« on: April 13, 2011, 10:52:52 PM »
Hello

My base airport is closed for the night, and I was wondering if a long turnaround would badly effect route profitability. My plans are to fly into the destination airport at late night, and wait until around 5am, to return to the base.

Is it worth making such routes?

Thanks

castelino009

• Former member
Re: overnight turnarounds?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »
See that you fly them out before you bases closes. In this way they would fly overnight and reach destination in the morning and return as normal.

Where are you located? What's your airline name??

cheers
VJC

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »
It works very well but don't forget to keep 5 hours for the A check...  ;)

maple

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:49:46 AM »
Sometimes it is worth of it. Usually there is lots of more passengers f.ex. at 5am, than early hours or late hours. I'm using that method at WSSS. Pax% at 2am are approx 40%, but at 4.30 it is over 85%.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »
I do it all the time - I'd find it impossible to fit as many flights into the schedule without this method - even at a 24hr airport.  Works well, but I find those flights that leave at, say 23:55 and arrive at 3am take longer than others to build up to a high load factor. Given time, they perform as well as any other flight.  I don't think the total amount of time your a/c spends on the ground would affect the pax. experience - after all, they'll just be flying one way so wouldn't even know - it's just a late/early flight to them.

As romeozulu says - it can make it harder to schedule a-checks but I just fly the route at the optimal times 6 nights per week and then on the 7th, come back to base at a silly hour for the a-check - so I lose some load factor on that one flight but still manage to offer a daily flight.

As I've said before - it'd be nice to be able to do the A-check while on the ground at the remote airport, like in real life - assuming it's a reasonably large airport of course.

trent_768

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 03:32:02 AM »
Sorry for the OOT but at what time the traveling demand is on the lowest point? Coz i've a flight departing at 2210 and arrive at 0030 while the inbound flight departs at 0110 and arrive at 0515. The outbound flights have 82% LF while the inbound is only 39%. Also, is 0430 flight is to early? Coz my airport slots is full from 0500-0730

ksliu9

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 05:42:06 AM »
is 0430 flight is to early? Coz my airport slots is full from 0500-0730

You know the answer, right? ;D  Yes, it's too early, if you have slots after 0730, say, at 0740 or 0800, it's still ok to start a flight at that time. But if you can only find slots after 1100, then u better to start at 0430. Though you get a poor loading for the outbound, the inbound should be fine.

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »
Hi,

As I've said before - it'd be nice to be able to do the A-check while on the ground at the remote airport, like in real life - assuming it's a reasonably large airport of course.

Oh yes I wish it would be possible in the Game engine v.1.3

Romeo

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.