Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Getting Started And Debts  (Read 914 times)

chrisadams

• Former member
Getting Started And Debts
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:09:25 AM »
Hi,
I've been playing the game for a while now, and have always started in the modern times because thats what interests me most
But however many different tactics i try i always go into bankrupcy within a game year. Can anyone give me any tips on how to do better?

Thanks

Chris (:

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Getting Started And Debts
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:38:44 AM »
Hi,
I've been playing the game for a while now, and have always started in the modern times because thats what interests me most
But however many different tactics i try i always go into bankrupcy within a game year. Can anyone give me any tips on how to do better?

Thanks

Chris (:

Only take in one fleet type in the start ony start route number two when route number one has no more demand to fill.
Don't start up on routes with competition, fill up the empty routes instead.
Don't dump prices and don't do route specific marketing.
And don't start op in crowded and slot limited airports.

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:07:38 AM »
thanks,

any tips on which fleet group to start with

alg

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »

Basically you can't go wrong with Boeings and Airbuses, just make sure you use adequate a/c for your routes, ie its better to use A320's on short haul, than A380's

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 06:02:47 PM »
thanks,

This obviously depends on the type of airport you set up with.  If you have mostly short haul domestic or short haul international demand then the Airbus A320 series or the Boeing 737 series offers a number of size and range variants to meet most needs.  They can be hard to get at this point in the game, although the a/c scarcity is starting to ease up in MT 4 now.  An alternative is to use props for routes under c. 500nm.  If you choose an airport that has lots of long haul int'l, then one strategy that has usually worked for me is to start with some older/affordable long-range used a/c such as MD 11s, but lease them only for one year (and be prepared to dump them before their C checks -- make sure they have 10 or 11 months before C check when you lease them); establish your long haul routes and then order new or newer used long haul a/c to replace them before the end of the year.  This will get you a good start if you have no competition on the routes and you can diversify from there on.  Be careful you have enough cash on hand when you need to terminate the old a/c leases, however, otherwise you'll have to do the C checks and that might bankrupt you.

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »
Pack your schedules, but make sure you give enough time for turn-arounds. Short turn-arounds = Delays = Bad CI = More money spent on marketing

GEnx

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
Pack your schedules, but make sure you give enough time for turn-arounds. Short turn-arounds = Delays = Bad CI = More money spent on marketing

8% is sufficient.

Chris, take a look at this: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,9211.0.html

chrisadams

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
thanks everyone :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.