Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Question about the DC 3  (Read 1133 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Question about the DC 3
« on: April 12, 2011, 01:47:49 AM »
Did people really fly many of these planes at this time?  

It seems to me that in Europe and North America, flying on a DC3 would be more like "We got there, didn't we?!?"  It is like being that one person who is flying the 707 in the Modern Era games.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Question about the DC 3
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:27:49 AM »
Why not?  ;D There are also people flying pax in cargo aircraft around the world  :)

In Germany we have a transportation company similar to FedEx or UPS. It advertises with the slogan "because it will be well received". But most people every time one uses this company just thinks   "because it will be anyhow received"
(hope it is understandable in English  ;D), so the same thing goes with DC-3, C-46 etc. in Jet Age...

Offline psw231

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 03:04:55 AM »
  I was born in 65 and during my chilhood flew scheduled DC 3 service several times between 2 major Canadian airports, and during grade school and high school I was under the flight path of the same airline and every day DC 3's would pass overhead on thier way from CYOW to the company base at Carp International (very small), and this would have been during the mid 80's. Even today ther is scheduled DC 3 service in northern Canada.
  These may only be unique examples but I don't think that the few hundred that will be in use during JA would be far off and might even be a little low as developng Countries at this time would not likely have had the resources for more advanced options.
  As an add on, a quick look through my "World Airline Fleets" of 84/85 there were still 60 DC-3's in sevice in Canada at that time, a large number even if only some would have been in scheduled service!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:34:10 AM by psw231 »

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 09:20:29 PM »
It's better to fly a DC-3 and get slots than sit around waiting for a DC-6 or similar to show up and then not be able to fly it where you want to.  Tokyo Haneda and London Heathrow are out of slots already, for example.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 09:24:14 PM »
I don't know what exactly happened, but in JA #2 there were much more slots available at this time of the game.  :-\

And by the way, no problem to get some DC-6 here. There were only very few in the last hours, but in the last ~60 minutes there were over 8 available (and for sure some I missed).

Meraki

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »
Yeah, you can certainly get them with some luck.

Yesterday I picked up like 5 on the used market.

Today, not so much luck. :(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.