Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliances  (Read 1166 times)

DJ_HI_TEC

• Former member
Alliances
« on: April 09, 2011, 04:43:13 AM »
I was thinking of forming an alliance of those who operate or intend to operate Russian/Soviet aircraft as a substantial component of their fleet. As we all know that Soviet aircraft are not entirely the most profitable designs, an alliance would help increase revenue for our operators to help defray fuel expenses, as well as providing a forum for enthusiasts of these planes. (Such as myself and Ilyushin.) Would anybody be interested in this?

EDIT: By "substantial component of their fleet", I mean any carrier that operates a fair amount of Russian aircraft relative to the size of their fleet. I'd say probably at least 25%...IE, if you mainly run Airbus and have 20 of them, but you also have 5 Ilyushins/Yaks/Antonovs/Tupolevs, I'd be happy to accept you.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:39:14 AM by DJ_HI_TEC »

Offline TK1244

• Members
Re: Alliances
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:34:59 AM »
Ilyushin and I had plans to set up Wings Alliance also in this game world, maybe we can use your idea as an requirement to get into this alliance?
I'm started with one DC-6, but have five An-10's on order and will try this new bird out.
TK Regional

DJ_HI_TEC

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »
Perhaps that's a good idea. If you are willing to have that requirement in WA, I'd love to join in that case.

I've got three An-10A's on order myself, and I'll probably be a launch customer for the Tu-114 when it comes out in two years...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:38:55 PM by DJ_HI_TEC »

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:22:40 PM »
Perhaps that's a good idea. If you are willing to have that requirement in WA, I'd love to join in that case.

I've got three An-10A's on order myself, and I'll probably be a launch customer for the Tu-114 when it comes out in two years...
I'm in, as an airline based in Tashkent, Uzbek SSR, Soviet Union, I'm going to operate a fleet of soviet aircraft, I'm building a network operated by Ilyushin Il-12 aircraft, but will operate the bigger Antonov An-10 also for destinations like Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, etc. The Tu-114 won't work for me as Tashkent and any other airport I'm planning to base at have no LH demand until the fall of the Soviet Union and I'm sure you have to struggle to become the launch customer.
But sure, I will become a member of Wings like always :)

DJ_HI_TEC

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 07:56:33 AM »
I've scouted a couple of routes out of Moscow that could be fairly profitable runs for a Tu-114...I do want at least one of them...Moscow to New York in record time (for a prop plane) :P

Would fuel consumption really be much of a concern in the Jet Age? It's incredibly cheap at the moment.

Hwoarang

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »
I've scouted a couple of routes out of Moscow that could be fairly profitable runs for a Tu-114...I do want at least one of them...Moscow to New York in record time (for a prop plane) :P

Would fuel consumption really be much of a concern in the Jet Age? It's incredibly cheap at the moment.
Yes, I have also some routes out of Tashkent which can support the Tu114, but I prefer the An-10 for this game to find out its capabilities.

In JA3, I was still operating Tu154 and Il-18 aircraft in 1977 profitable, so I don't think it will affect your airline much.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.