Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet Commonality Calculator  (Read 512 times)

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Fleet Commonality Calculator
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »
Seems reasonable enough.  Fleet commonality is based on formulas/calculations and having a separate box showing the changes in fleet commonality costs when you're acquiring a plane would help out greatly.  It's just like buying a car--you can research and calculate rough maintenance costs before you buy it.

It would be nice to see the fleet commonality costs when your going through the process of acquiring a new/used plane, but a much simpler option would probably be a link on the fleet commonality page with a "what if" scenario simulator where you can select a plane+engine to see estimated costs of adding said plane (on a per plane and aggregate basis).  This would really make people question adding that 3rd/4th/5th fleet type.

GEnx

• Former member
Re: Fleet Commonality Calculator
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »
Maybe it could only show an indication, to make it more realistic. Just like demand estimates. Good idea though.

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:51:40 AM »
...a link on the fleet commonality page with a "what if" scenario simulator where you can select a plane+engine to see estimated costs of adding said plane (on a per plane and aggregate basis).  This would really make people question adding that 3rd/4th/5th fleet type.

I like this idea :)
Something along the same lines of the "Compare Aircraft" tool we currently use!
+1

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:16:56 AM »
I agree... +1!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.