Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: CRJ-705  (Read 1051 times)

flightsimer

• Former member
CRJ-705
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:32:40 AM »
Does AS not know what it is? its capacity is all wrong. the 705 is a 900 in a standard two class seating. Its reduced capacity was to allow regional airlines to use it when they are limited with scope clauses by their mainline partner. currently its in a 64y config as standard. it should be in a 65y 10C config as standard as thats the only configuration it is used in real world. To use it like in real world, you have to pay extra to reconfigure it, which you shouldnt.

Hope this gets changed.

coopdogyo

• Former member
Re: CRJ-705
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:21:55 AM »
I imagine that even if sami wanted to fix this it would be very close to the bottom of his to do list. It is just not a very big issue. If you buy the plane new the cost to reconfigure the plane is not an issue. In fact the cost is just a small part and it really shouldn't matter unless you have very few planes. Since you bring up the fact that the 705 is just a 900 maybe sami should drop the 705 from the game and just add a special 705 configuration to the 900 although I don't know why you would fly it when you can fly the 900 since there are no scope clauses in Airway Sim.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:28:06 AM »
I don't know why you would by flying a CRJ in the first place
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

tarbyonline

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
I don't know why you would by flying a CRJ in the first place
+1

fly.me are disposing of them ASAP!!!!

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:55:45 PM »
im not, but was just bringing it up. looking through the aircraft, most aircraft are like this. For example the 162 seats in a 737-800. Thats the number for a standard two class configuration, not 1.

The problem isnt in ordering them, its picking aircraft up off the used market. I have to pay 500k extra to reconfigure a 737-300 to its standard 2 class configuration, which its already at seat count wise with all Y seats. If the plane would have came in the standard config to begin with whether its a standard 1 or 2 class, i probably wouldnt have changed it. But in the current 126y, your loosing possible income.

Maybe this needs to be moved to request forum and changed to request the option of having standard (factory installed) one and two class options. That way, there are both layouts available on the used markets so you have the chance to pick up the configuration u want.

typical 1 class config for a -300 is 134-137Y
typical 2 class config for a -300 is 120Y-8C but for our purpose 120y-5C would suffice

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
im not, but was just bringing it up. looking through the aircraft, most aircraft are like this. For example the 162 seats in a 737-800. Thats the number for a standard two class configuration, not 1.

The problem isnt in ordering them, its picking aircraft up off the used market. I have to pay 500k extra to reconfigure a 737-300 to its standard 2 class configuration, which its already at seat count wise with all Y seats. If the plane would have came in the standard config to begin with whether its a standard 1 or 2 class, i probably wouldnt have changed it. But in the current 126y, your loosing possible income.

Maybe this needs to be moved to request forum and changed to request the option of having standard (factory installed) one and two class options. That way, there are both layouts available on the used markets so you have the chance to pick up the configuration u want.

typical 1 class config for a -300 is 134-137Y
typical 2 class config for a -300 is 120Y-8C but for our purpose 120y-5C would suffice

I think the bigger issue is having 162 standard Y seats and having to pay $684k to change it to 156 standard Y seats and 5 standard C seats and taking 3 days.  You'd think the gate agents could swap out one row in less than one day with a screwdriver and some duct tape :)

tarbyonline

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 01:49:16 AM »
I think the bigger issue is having 162 standard Y seats and having to pay $684k to change it to 156 standard Y seats and 5 standard C seats and taking 3 days.  You'd think the gate agents could swap out one row in less than one day with a screwdriver and some duct tape :)

And why do you have to pay to replace all the seats and not just the ones you are changing ;)

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 05:39:40 AM »
Hi,

When we buy or lease and new A/C and we choose the standard config. We even pay the seats don't we ? So does'nt matter if we change the config, we still pay it no ?

regards

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.