Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet commonality...  (Read 777 times)

Offline Drimy

• Members
Fleet commonality...
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:07:26 PM »
What should be the average fleet commonality?
Because for example I have a MD-83 in my fleet, and commonality for a moth is 1 mil, what is more than this plane makes in the moth (750k)...
Any suggestions on that?

Jps

• Former member
Re: Fleet commonality...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
You should have as few aircraft types as possible, and as many of the same type as possible.
If your airline only has 1 aircraft, you should get more MD-80s.
If your airline has more aircraft, and that MD-83 is the only one of that fleet, you should get rid of it and use the other fleets, or get rid of them and get more MD-80s.

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 05:39:48 PM »
What should be the average fleet commonality?
Because for example I have a MD-83 in my fleet, and commonality for a moth is 1 mil, what is more than this plane makes in the moth (750k)...
Any suggestions on that?

Sveiks Drimy,

I see you have started over at Kiev. Regarding your question I have few suggestions for you:
1 - plan to get a plane type with a short ordering backlog (if you order typical 737 our A32x you'll have to wait ages for your new planes to arrive + there are almost no used planes to rent - I think Boeing 717 could be a good choice)
2 - don't fly too many routes in the beginning, better to fill any route before moving to the next
3 - choose your planes according to the routes you want to fly
4 - to maximise your profits 2 types would be the best for any airline with a fleet of under, I would say, 50 planes

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »
You should go for the smallest types as possible. In my Jet Age game, I have 42-odd Bristol Britannias for Long Haul, 38-odd BAC-1-111's for Medium Haul and HS-748's (20+) for short haul. Use seat configurations if you have to to minimise having to get another plane (I've got som BAC's with only 40 seats so they can make the range needed without needing another type).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.