Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Flawless Strategy & Cant make money???  (Read 1165 times)

Nlgravity

• Former member
Flawless Strategy & Cant make money???
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:42:42 AM »
This game is weird and not at all realistic. I mean how could you not make at least a profit (not to mention a fortune) with this parameters:

Fleet Size: 28 aircrafts
Fleet Types: 12 fleet types (but only 10 fleet types if you consider that 737 & 757 are the same aircraft + Airbus A320 & A330 are also the same aircraft type).

Bases: 4 bases
Avergae fleet age: 21.7 years (I keep this old and cheap to cut costs wherever I can)  ;)

Can someone please explain to me how a highly diversified airline cant make return for its shareholders.

Im new at this. Maybe that is the problem, but Im convised to be doing a flawless strategy.... any comments?

thedaftone

• Former member
Re: Flawless Strategy & Cant make money???
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:54:52 AM »
The problems you've got from what you have explained i would  say are too many bases with too few planes and too many fleet types.

Your costs increase a lot when you get over a certain amount of fleet types. Also every new base you open adds extra costs.

For myself i don't move to a new base until i am firmly established at my start airport with a good profit coming in from all the routes.

Hope that helps :)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:58 AM »
Hmmm...  you seem to be making just about every mistake possible. Sorry, don't mean to be disrespectful in that but this can be difficult to grasp when new (as I still am).  Apart from what's already been said, you must have some VERY old a/c if the AVERAGE is 21yrs and you have A330ss A320s 757s etc.  If what you're saying's for real you need to be more patient, stick to a MAX of 3 fleet-types and wait for better a/c to come along (which they sometimes do, honest!)

Oh, and how can you consider the 737/757 and A320/A330 as "the same aircraft type"?

Read some of the "newbie" advice threads which are very good and then start again while there's plenty of time left in the game.  There were just a bunch of nearly new 737's for sale but they're gone now. I'm sure more will pop up at some point.

One thing I'd like to know though...  how can you have 4 bases open just 2.5yrs into the game?  I think you mean you fly to 4 destinations, yes?  If so, you're doing that right - sticking to a low number of destinations saves on staff costs

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:45:52 AM »
Sorry, not even nearly a flawless strategy. But it is of course easy to blame the sim for that ;)

Your fleet selection is simply way too diverse. And the avg.age of 20+ yrs also makes contribution by added mainternance costs (but with 2-3 fleets it would work just fine still, but planes over 25yrs do not really work out anymore). Also not sure how you are actually able to keep 4 bases with so few planes?

(also; 737 and 757 are completely different planes, same for 320 and 330).

Try to stick to one or two fleet types until you have 20 planes or so.

GEnx

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
Um.. I think he's being sarcastic. :P

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Is this a joke???  ;D ;D ;D

Offline eleritz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »
4 bases with 28 aircraft??? at this stage of the game??? didnt even know it was possible:)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.