Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Feedback thread  (Read 6832 times)

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: Feedback thread
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 10:34:26 AM »
Next weekly billing    11-04-2011, 10:45

Have been written off now. :'(

Offline compass

• Members
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 01:56:24 AM »
I love the era of this game world, however I just think that the 25 minute days are too fast!

It would also be interesting to know at what sort of rate we can expect passenger demand to increase, and what the current figures are based on?

Also, there are some historical quirks which greatly affect the gameplay in certain countries. For example, I'm currently based at Berlin-Tegel, which wasn't actualyl used for scheduled commercial operations until January 2nd, 1960. In the 1950's, Templehof was the 3rd busiest airport in Europe (Garriga, J. C. (2003). Airport dynamics towards airport systems.) but in the game it has next to zero demand.

And, of course, the fact that only airlines headquartered in the US / France or UK were allowed to fly in or out of the West German enclave (nor were East German airlines allowed to fly to Berlin - luckily for them Berlin-Schonefeld was outside the city limits of the agreement).

It seems to me that for this world to be fun and engaging, there needs to be a mechanism for dealing with the unique political situation, such as the above.

Anyway, it's all still loads of fun, playing in this long-gone era. Glad to be a beta-tester.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »
I love the era of this game world, however I just think that the 25 minute days are too fast!

It's 20 minutes ;)

and that is perfectly fine! Definitely 2.000.000 times better then 35min!!

Offline Tiberius

• Members
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »
This is a great speed for a longer world.  Wish some Constellations were showing up used though.  But if we are going to have a longer game from this period on, we need some historical information about airline growth and fleet sizes and so forth in the statistics section.

Offline powi

• Members
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 12:36:24 PM »
DeHavilland Comet 1 maintenance costs should be significantly higher. Phase maintenance is actually cheaper than for 5 yo C-46. Also fleet and engine commonality costs are very close to C-46 per aircraft (while Comet has twice as many engines!)

I've no hard data available, but I strongly believe that the first generation Ghost jet engines were significantly more expensive to maintenance than R2800 piston engines.

EDIT: Many Google hits suggest that Ghost actually had low maintenance costs. However I believe that early model jet engine service life was quite short. So at least phase maintenance should be more expensive.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:53:55 PM by Powi »

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 01:25:22 PM »
DeHavilland Comet 1 maintenance costs should be significantly higher. Phase maintenance is actually cheaper than for 5 yo C-46. Also fleet and engine commonality costs are very close to C-46 per aircraft (while Comet has twice as many engines!)

Operating Comets is very expensive.

Thanks to the small amount of seats and the extreme fuel consumption along with that many pilots you can turn in (in US mid-range market 2-3 flights a day, I'm sure shorthaul of ot Heathrow or Madrid one could make a bit more money) a profit of ~1/3 to 1/2 total revenue. C-46 make between 1/2 and 3/4 profit, while DC-4/DC-6/B-377 go up to 1/2 to 4/5 profit.

At least you must think about one thing: The C-46 are normally many years old and cost ~110k per C-Check, while a brand new Comet 1 costs ~78k. The newest C-46 I had in this game and remember the price was about 4 years old an ~84k.

In fact increasing the Comet 1 maintenance costs would make them (even more) unattractive in low fuel price game worlds.
Personnaly I regret ordering them, but I wanted to test things out and never used them before. Instead I shouldh had taken more DC-6/7/B-377.

Offline mhardebeck

• Members
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2011, 08:56:29 PM »
I like the 20 min days!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.