Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is the TU-154M really so bad that I shouldn't lease one or two...  (Read 993 times)

L1011fan

• Former member
for a year, year and a half? I could be moving forward if I wasn't waiting for Boeing or MD twinjets. Opinions?  :-\

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: Is the TU-154M really so bad that I shouldn't lease one or two...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
Well, they're available, so that would say enough I would think. ;D

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:15:05 AM »
Well, they're available, so that would say enough I would think. ;D

Does that mean "no don't use it" and thats why there is so many? Or "use it" because its there and won't hurt much for a year? I know the bias against soviet aircraft in here.
Sooooo, that doesn't answer the question. ;) The YAK-42D has done me well before in desparate times, however I need more capacity,
and I really would like to know if anyone has anything good to say about the TU-154. If they're just simply uneconomical, bad business, and useless, even for a short time, then I'll KEEP WAITING for a 737-300 or an MD-83. Even an A319 would be nice. But they just aren't appearing today. I'm trying to keep fleet commonality and broke rank with an MD-82 which is fine. The only other type I have is 1 F-27 for some routes around my base that don't require more than that. So some real pro's and cons would be nice.
I'm just not sure what you're trying to tell me Ilyushin. ???

Tobyboy

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »
Well ive got two and look at me (retorichal question) im virtually bankrupt! they use the same amount of fuel p hour than a 777-200lr and its a bloody short haul aircraft!

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 01:29:18 AM »
I meant to say they're not a good choice. If I look at one of my 738 routes, if the fuel costs would be doubled, all my profits would have been eaten away with a LF of 85%. And a Tu-154M drinks more than double the fuel of what a 738 requires. And it has less seats, even. And requires more crew.

I am fond of Soviet aircraft, but no, you should really not get there in this situation.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »
Thanks both of you! Thats just what I needed to know. I'll keep waiting. LOUD SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P ;)

trent_768

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:42:52 AM »
How about their bigger little brother the 204?? I think the lease rate is okay (~500k) and the fuel is somehow pretty low for a russian a/c

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »
The 204 (especially the RR-engined variants, the -120 and 220) is absolutely fine when fuel is at or below $500 or so, but a liability compared to B757s and A320s when fuel spikes.  Even though much less thirsty than other Russian A/C, even with RR engines the fuel per pax ratio is still considerably higher than its western competition.  I had a fleet of 50+ (amongst others types) based at Boston in a previous MT game due to the relatively short production queue, and even though I invested in the more expensive RR engines, still had major problems compared to my competition when fuel inevitably rose.  So, I would say as a temporary expedient, by all means, use them, but don't sign long leases or buy outright.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
I am using TU154s with a 70% LF and am still losing money hand over fist  :'(

I think the TU154 and TU134 are good planes in Dawn of the Mellienium and Jet Age but not Modern Times. I have never flown the TU204, so I dont know about that. The YK-42 is essentially like the TU154 except 2/3 size. 2/3 revenue but also 2/3 costs (fuel, leases, crews). So I dont see much advantage to the YK-42.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.