Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Delays and Cancellation  (Read 927 times)

Boomer Aires

• Former member
Delays and Cancellation
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:58:35 PM »
I'm just wondering if some else has problems with flight cancellation and technical issues with new a/c.
I'm planning turn around times for my CRJ fleet with 55-65min (instead of 50min) and they all got delays or cxx for too short turn arounds.

And the CRJs seems to be very sensitive to technical problems.
A/C age is 0,07 or 0,23 years and got already several technical problems (daily flight time incl. turn arounds: max. 18hrs / 0600-2400)

Are you planning with longer turn around times or can I keep it at the minimum because it seems to random?

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: Delays and Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »
Technical delays happen to any plane with condition under 80%.

Do maintenance.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Boomer Aires

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
Technical delays happen to any plane with condition under 80%.

Do maintenance.

They are brand new! Condition 92%-100%

Just an example:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:13:17 PM by Boomer Aires »

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »
I dont have any problems even with the turnaround time of my aircraft set to less than 1% chance of dealys  I'm still only achieving a 94% punctuality rating.   I had a similar issue in a previous game I had a fleet of brand new aircraft  all young and well maintained and a few were getting technical delays, I think its jsut the way the system is programmed you'll probably find it will settle down as the aircraft get used more.  Delays on brand bnew aircraft happen in reality too, a couple of years ago I was on a brand spanking new Q400 (the airline had only just received their fleet) and yep my flight was cancelled due to technical problems! 

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
There is always a random factor with cancellations so even with aircraft brand new, at 100% condition, with <1% risk of delay due to turnaround, you can still not have 100% punctuality always due to this random factor I mentioned (this is excluding even weather and ATC delays).
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »
Hi,

I am operating some new CRJ700 but didn't notice any particular issue compared to other new aircraft  :P My turnaround is about 50min.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.