Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Question for Antonov 140 operators  (Read 822 times)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Question for Antonov 140 operators
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »
I am looking at ordering a fleet of new AN-140's and can't decide if the Russian or western engines will be most cost effective.  At first I just assumed it'd have to be the Pratts but, while the Motor-Sich powerplants have 19% higher fuel burn, the Pratt & Whitney version is 49% more expensive to buy/lease  :o

What I need are the actual maintenance costs for both - as the info pays says: "Maintenance costs are for 0.0y/100% plane in the cheapest config." (which I assume would be for the Motor-Sich version). Maintenance MUST be a lot cheaper for the PW's. Otherwise, I worked out that fuel would have to reach over $1600 before the PW's would be cheaper to operate.  I know the fixed commonality costs will come into play too, but hopefully to a lesser extent.

Does anybody who operates these, in either version, fancy helping out a competitor?

I know the real answer to the question is probably "Buy ATR's instead" but I want to play this game flying only types I've never used before if possible.

• Former member
Re: Question for Antonov 140 operators
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:22:35 PM »
Easy answer:

If you are looking to buy them, get the western version. If you are looking to lease them, get the soviet version.

When leasing them, you spend more on leasing costs than what you save on fuel with that western version. When you buy them, then it's an investment as it increases your company value, so it's more advantageous to get the eco version (fuel wise).

I run a fleet of leased An-140 and each of them brings home 200k-300k a week (Motor Sich version)  ;D  ;D  ;D

About the maintenance, my planes are <1 yr old and they are all Motor Sich versions, can't answer based on PW values:
A check  5 907 USD  
B check  15 358 USD
C check  354 423 USD
D check  1 772 115 USD
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 02:32:20 PM by filipebravo »

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:42:12 AM »
Thanks. Makes perfect sense. I'd be leasing anyway at this point in the game.

Actually, for info, two nearly-new PW models just came onto the second hand market and the maint. for those is exactly the same as the amounts you state which surely must be an oversight compared to real life. I guess the system isn't that complex yet. Anyway, it means that the PW versions are a definite no-go. Unless fuel reaches $1600 of course....  :(

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 05:11:40 AM »
I would give the same answer. I operated a 50+ fleet of them in MT3 and made a killing with them. I operated the Motor Sich power on them, and came to a similar conclusion as you...fuel would have to hit $1500+ before they were more expensive than the PW power!

Great little plane, IMHO. I would operate them again in a hear beat!
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.