Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand  (Read 1078 times)

Offline thegame

• Members
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »
I have a question about the demand.

1) Does the game engine 'include' world realistic situation, economics, wars etc?
2) I noticed that in some cases monopoly flying with primary medium demand (and then with big marketing campaign) causes growth of demand (in my case it was about +100%, 120%!!!). Is there any rule about this? If demand on every route with marketing campaign will grow? I'm not talking about routes with 20 - 40 pax each flight..
3) What exactly improve demand on routes? Marketing, fleet condition, time of a flight? What else?

Thx for answers,
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:24:40 PM by thegame »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Demand
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 01:29:28 AM »
1. Yes, the game models world events in. For example, 9/11 causes a large drop in demand.  There are no news items about them, but you'll notice how it fluctuates over time.

2. Route marketing basically does nothing other than waste your money. It has no impact on demand.

3. Demand is static, but if you mean your load factors for a given route for the seats you supply, then fleet type, CI, dep/arr time, length of flight, RI and frequency can impact the loads you pull down.

The demand "estimates" you see are true estimates and are not fully accurate.  Often times, when you see an estimate of "100 pax" per day and you offer 150 seats, you can sometimes get full loads if all of the conditions are right. The estimates can also be on the high side...

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 01:36:36 AM »
Also, you shouldn't be supplying a route with only 20-40 pax demand, it's not profitable enough to pay for itself.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:

Offline thegame

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:21:52 AM »
thanks for advices

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.