Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Does anyone have a JATO bottle for an A330?  (Read 1067 times)

Offline SuperVC10

• Members
Does anyone have a JATO bottle for an A330?
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »
Hi,

Newbie Question...

I am currently based at London City, and am starting to plan for a second base with a longer runway. If I place orders for large aircraft (A330) am I correct in thinking that I will be locked into having the aircraft delivered to LCY 10 months prior to delivery? Will the game allow this? Could I then rebase them to my new base airport from London City, even though the take off run would end in the city of London somewhere?  :o

Thanks,
Ben

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Re: Does anyone have a JATO bottle for an A330?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
You can but you will bankrupt yourself.

The opening cost of the second base will be high enough and having expensive new aircraft sitting about doing nothing will cost you an awful lot of money.

Offline SuperVC10

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:40:17 PM »
Thanks - I want to be able to open the new base on the day the first aircraft is delivered so it wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing for long. Are the costs of a second base really that huge? I haven't been able to take a look at them yet as this is my first game.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
You can change the delivery base of the aircraft up to 1 month before delivery; so if you order them now to London City, you can change the delivery to the second base once it is opened.

Hope this helps.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
And actually with present v.1.2 you may even still be able to run them from LCY to a nearby destination. But not in v.1.3 anymore (future games) since the steep approach things will be modeled there.

But if you do I guess some players will moan of unrealistic play style  ;)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
And actually with present v.1.2 you may even still be able to run them from LCY to a nearby destination. But not in v.1.3 anymore (future games) since the steep approach things will be modeled there.

But if you do I guess some players will moan of unrealistic play style  ;)

SAMI you'll be damned if you do and damned if you dont or put another way....you can please all of the people some of the time or some of the people all of the time but you can NEVER please all of the people all of the time!  ;D

Offline SuperVC10

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

I am not planning to operate anything from London City which is not cleared for the airport in real life, this is supposed to be a simulation after all. I will order new aircraft to LCY and try to change the delivery base at the last moment. Otherwise a one off ferry flight might be required!

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 07:33:27 PM »
Hi,

Are the costs of a second base really that huge? I haven't been able to take a look at them yet as this is my first game.

Yes it could be very expensive. During the last game I wanted to open a new base at Nantes (France) and the cost was around 18M$ so let's imagine a new base at London STN  which is larger :P

Before opening a second base, make sure you are making a lot of profit, because after the opening your staff cost will really drop  :-[

Good luck  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.