Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: If you cancel an order...  (Read 2535 times)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
If you cancel an order...
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:26:13 AM »
If you cancel an order, and place a new order for the same type, can you then obtain earlier delivery slots than would have been avaiable when the original order was placed?

For example, I have 9 342's on order now that wont arrive until 1997. If I placed an order today, I could have 24 by the time my first is slated to arrive.

I would be willing to sacrafice the $60 million down payment on the 9 to get them 3 years earlier if this idea works..

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

L1011fan

• Former member
Re: If you cancel an order...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
I'm not sure if you can actually do a cancel or not.  ??? But if you can, is it REALLY worth it to lose $60 million? What airline do you run? LOL! :laugh:

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:51:52 AM »
Hypothetically, it should work, but it depends on how its coded. I've never tried myself.

I'm not sure if you can actually do a cancel or not.  ??? But if you can, is it REALLY worth it to lose $60 million? What airline do you run? LOL! :laugh:

That is only a week's profit for Owl Express, so I would totally do that if I could.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 12:59:25 AM »
Hypothetically, it should work, but it depends on how its coded. I've never tried myself.

That is only a week's profit for Owl Express, so I would totally do that if I could.
So the only issue IS are cancellations actually allowed? I can't remember.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 01:25:27 AM »
So the only issue IS are cancellations actually allowed? I can't remember.

Of course.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 01:47:49 AM »

I had cancelled, I could have had 3 more years with aircraft. It would have more than paid for the $60 million loss. So I was looking at it as could I afford NOT to waste the $60 mil to potentially make 5 or 6 times that in return by getting the planes earlier.

Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.