Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Explain to me.........................  (Read 1048 times)

• Former member
Explain to me.........................
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm not actually playing 'cos I can't get in however, I have a question about the lack of planes, please bare in mind I can't see what's going on.

Am I right in assuming that people are buying all the used planes? how can they do this at the beginning of the game? what are they using for funds?

I've got some more queries that I'll add later.

I'm just after answers so when I can get into a game world I have some information.

Also I'm trying to have a discussion that will help the game (Sami) rather than just slag people off.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Explain to me.........................
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »
Not every plane is gone.  Just those in demand.

this is a complaint in every game.  All the good planes are all snatched up right away.  

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:29:42 PM »
And when ordering them new from factory, the backlog is is > 1 year. IMO that is aggravated by the fact that 737-300/400/500 are no longer available to order from factory. Some popular props like Saab 2000, for instance, are no longer available either. Hope that Embraer E-jets get fully available soon to broaden our choices a bit.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 11:27:09 PM »
so how many of the 'popular' aircraft are there at the beginning of a game world, if there are 500 players all wanting these planes?

how much do the planes cost to lease, i take it it's a lease, as you start with $6M?

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »
On the first day of the world, which lasts a full 24 hours, there are enough 'popular' aircraft for everyone to choose what they want.  This first day receives several new batches of aircraft so by the time the second day starts and game days become 30/35 minutes, the vast majority of players if not all, will have an aircraft they want.

The second day is a bit of a rush as players can then place another order (as the max 2 per day rule prevents this in the first 24 hours).  Often the best aircraft disappear quickly on this day so the ones with slightly inflated prices remain on the market.

Once things settle down and as in most new worlds, the market seems to run out of the best aircraft within 5-7 real days, hence the thread about the used aircraft market appearing in every world. They do appear, but demand is so high with airlines starting to make good money that they are snapped up by the players who can spend the most time online at these stages.

Prices aren't too bad, as the brokers only respond to the high demand after the initial surge, so for example a 15 year old A300 will be about 2.5 million and a 737-200Adv maybe 800k-1 million to lease.  The vast majority of players will lease to start with as the only aircraft you can buy are little prop-jobs and it's pretty difficult to run and airline with aircraft with less than 20-30 seats, although some conditions do permit this, but that's another (long) story in a thread elsewhere.

The market will slowly improve as airlines turn towards the new aircraft market as profits rise and this allows for a more normal used market probably a couple of game years in.

Hope that sheds a bit of light on things :)

EDIT:  I've now attached a screenshot of the Boeings currently available in MT#4 so you can gauge the orientation of some of the comments in other threads about the market conditions.  As you can see, it's pretty minimal, but it's the same for everyone and it encourages players to opt for new aircraft.  This helps slow growth in the world, as rapid and ridiculous growth was a feature of many early AWS worlds.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:48:13 PM by Daveos »

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »
yes that does help a lot.

What I'm trying to do is work out a business model that works within the game settings. it seems to me that either the players have too much to spend at the beginning or the leases are too cheap.

another thing that has come up is that new planes have a year+ waiting list, would a new airline even consider leasing a new aircraft? but if a new airline WAS in a position to lease a new aircraft surely it would be rolled out on an airlines launch, ie. ordered a year in advance, that could be allowed for in a new game.

I would like to hear others thoughts on anything I say or suggest. please understand these are only my opinions.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
Part of the main issue with growth at the start of worlds is that it is simply too easy because the market is empty.  Sami is working on eventually employing AI airlines so that we can't just start making profits straight away -,26358.40.html (reply #53) - and thus preventing unrealistic growth.  For example, some of the highest demand routes have 10000 daily passengers and so as soon as airlines appear they can serve this route and start earning big bucks very quickly because 10000 passengers suddenly have a flight they can get on.

New aircraft can be ordered straight away in game worlds, but you do have to wait a couple of game months as this represents the time it takes to build one.  Some players do indeed do this, as it does remove the probllems of the used market, but it can leave you left behind by successful competitors.  The production queues for the best aircraft do fill up quite quickly, because of the used market - so like now for example, you would have to wait 12-15 months for a new A320-family aircraft.  Occasionally spaces will appear, but they get swallowed up as the production line is designed to move along to fill gaps if airlines disappear.

Anyway, I'll let other interject with their experiences :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:23:27 AM by Daveos »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.