Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: overloading route, who gets told to drop capacity?  (Read 825 times)

maumausi

• Former member
overloading route, who gets told to drop capacity?
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:57:45 PM »
I know when a route is over subscribed, ie twice the demand is provided, players get a message saying drop routes or they'll be dropped for you.

Who gets these messages, if say there are 4 players on the same route? I would like to think it would go to whoever added the latest flights to the route and therefore created the over capacity. Or if the message goes to all the players on the route, how does AWS decide whose routes to cut?

Simon

Jps

• Former member
Re: overloading route, who gets told to drop capacity?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:02:08 PM »
The oversupply is only based on the flights your company is providing. The warning only comes, if one company exceeds the limit. If the route has, say, 5 competitors all providing as many seats as there is demand, the supply will be 5 times the demand, but no warnings are generated, because no single company exceeds the supply limit.

The supply limit is in place to restrict companies from trying to drive competition away by increasing frequency, and also when A-B-C-B-A routes were in use, to prevent some1 flying a lot of planes from hub to B and from B to a lot of different destinations.

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
I know when a route is over subscribed, ie twice the demand is provided, players get a message saying drop routes or they'll be dropped for you.
Simon

EACH PLAYER can supply up to twice the demand. You will not get messaged if YOU do not exceed TWICE the demand.

Example:

If demand between city X to city Y is 1000pax

And lets say 4 airlines are providing 1000pax per day, that 4000availble seats for only 1000 demand. Despite it is 4x over subscribed. NO ONE is violating any rule and therefore NO ONE will be messaged.

maumausi

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
gotcha, many thanks guys!

Simon

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.