Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Empire International  (Read 951 times)

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
Empire International
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:57:34 PM »
$52m value and 7 DC-10s while everyone else has similar sized fleets and ~$15m value and moving only 79,000pax? And from a fairly small airport?

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline/230

Is that odd or just very good? Seems like unfair play to me.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:00:35 PM by Dave4468 »

Offline FlyTO

• Members
Re: Empire International
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:00:51 PM »
Yes its very possible...
Longhauls are very profitable, despite using old DC10s
AND the airline is facing ZERO competition, so yes, very easy, and possible, but will be boring in the longterm imo.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »
Nothing unfair about this situation.  The airport has amongst the highest long haul share of any in the world even if the total number of pax is quite limited, but sustainable without competition.  And snapping up the DC10s is just plain smart at this point in the game, given the UM situation. I've used this strategy in previous games at other long haul hubs.  The catch for Empire International will be whether they can replace the old '10s before C checks hit.  Most of those old cans cost 3+ million for a C check.

Offline mtnlion

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
He caught my attention as well, but like said nothing illegal there. He seems like a very skilled player with a solid strategy. He's going to be successful at least until he meets with the total demand.  ;D

mrose

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:19:25 PM »
Hey everyone,

As the CEO of Empire International I regard myself as quite an experienced player, spending the last year or so under the noses of other airlines at large airports. I did a bit of research and found my airport, I was looking for little competition, and a rather niche market I found in Europe, which is where I'm serving. I agree its a little unfair having fast growth with a good sized fleet, but I found myself an airport with 93% long haul market share, and from experience I've done well with DC10s. It'll get a bit boring when the fleet is maxed out, but I'm happy with my position as it stands.

Obviously I feel like I'm playing by the rules, if I was forcing out competition then I'd hold back, but with no competition has meant I've grown at a rate I'm happy with. Feel free to post more thoughts. In my view, its just a niche market that I've done my best to capitalise on.

M. Rose

--- Empire International CEO ---

Offline FlyTO

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »
Good job Mrose!
Very impressed!

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:45:18 PM »
Fair enough, if you are playing by the rules and well then you're playing bloody well.

It just seemed almost too good to be true.

Comment withdrawn.  :)

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 03:17:14 AM »
Fair enough, if you are playing by the rules and well then you're playing bloody well.

It just seemed almost too good to be true.

Comment withdrawn.  :)

I'd hate to think what you think of my operation if think that guy's cheating, haha.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.