Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: More control over personnel  (Read 447 times)

GEnx

• Former member
More control over personnel
« on: March 07, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
I would like this feature to give me more control over the actual structure of the company. The way it is modeled now, means that every single airline is structured almost exactly the same. I think if there's a way to give players more room to "play" with this, airlines differentiate themselves a little more. For example, a lot of middle management in modern organisations is replaced by IT systems (as their role is to "link" the top management and the operating core).. In AWS you have absolutely no control over this.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:16:51 PM by Quinoky »

GEnx

• Former member
Re: More control over personnel
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
I'd like to add a second part to this request. I have another idea regarding differentiation: personnel salaries. I'm running a small prop airline out of LUX as a test airline, and I found out that you have limited choice regarding personnel salaries. Even if you only slightly decrease their salaries, your company image and morale will drop so significantly that I can understand that most people refrain from this option. However, a regional pilot earning $4400 a month on a DHC-8 out of LUX is simply not realistic (even KLM E190 First Officers don't earn that much in their early stages of employment).

This is just one example of many cases, and so I thought of the following: why not let us choose the salaries at the start of the game? If you don't decrease the salaries in the first place, your morale and image won't drop as well. Of course, if you operate under lower salaries you'll mostly have less qualified personnel. This could then lead to more flight delays, less accurate demand estimates and a slower increase in company image (as, for example, marketing is less successful), just to name a few.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
Re: More control over personnel
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
I'd like to add a second part to this request. I have another idea regarding differentiation: personnel salaries. I'm running a small prop airline out of LUX as a test airline, and I found out that you have limited choice regarding personnel salaries. Even if you only slightly decrease their salaries, your company image and morale will drop so significantly that I can understand that most people refrain from this option. However, a regional pilot earning $4400 a month on a DHC-8 out of LUX is simply not realistic (even KLM E190 First Officers don't earn that much in their early stages of employment).

The wages above are about right: a Flybe Q400 F/O in year one on type during the 08-09 year earnt 25068.00 so about $44000 give or take.  You can see a full list of crew wages for flybe here: http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Flybe_%28Turboprop%29

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.