Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot Cost punitive?  (Read 1174 times)

Filippo

• Former member
Slot Cost punitive?
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
I was just wondering...

I pay 20 000 for a single takeoff slot at my airport. Often I also pay that amount for a slot at the airport im flying too. that translates to 40 000 per day, or 280 000 per week per route to open it. Considering my aircraft do roughly 3 flights a day that's 840 000  :o just to set up it's schedule!

Isn't that very punitive? I could understand if I already had something like 1000 slots at an airport, but I have just 100. is it fair?
This is the first time im playing starting off with single-aisle aircraft and I find airport slots a huge cost!

Couldn't this be scaled down a bit at the start of a game world or could somebody explain why at an airport where I have 100 slots where there are plenty on offer I pay such a high price?

Thank-you

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Slot Cost punitive?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »
Well cutting down the price will just have the result that the fast building players just can expand even faster.
Your earning so many money in this game that you really shall not worry about those slot costs.

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »
I was under the impression that slot purchases were a one-time fee.

fatalsw1tch

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »
I was under the impression that slot purchases were a one-time fee.

Slot prices are one time fees, however you still pay for navigation and ground handling fees at the airports.

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:14:33 PM »
Slot prices are one time fees, however you still pay for navigation and ground handling fees at the airports.

Correct.  So are we talking about slot purchases or navigation fees?

The OP sounds like he thinks slot purchases are how navigation fees are calculated.

Offline Mikis

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 09:07:11 PM »
Just for information in real world ...

One flight between Bratislava, Slovakia (my hometown) and Basel, Switzerland it is approx 2 hours of flight time with ATR72
cost 1000 euros just on navigation fees (eurocontrol) ... I mean flight there and back  ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.