Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: how do i survive?  (Read 2130 times)

Hevneren

• Former member
how do i survive?
« on: March 05, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »
How do I become one of the survivors in a crowded airport with limited routes?
frequency and CI?

minerva

• Former member
Re: how do i survive?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »
Find a route with decent Pax that none of your competitors are flying and fill that first.  Don't move to another route until you satisfy the demand on the one(s) you've started.  Try to avoid being in direct competition with the others at first.  And yes, invest in your CI (but not more than 15% of your income for the first few game days because it won't increase rapidly at first anyway, and you need that income to invest in aircraft).  I see you are at Oslo.  I think it extremely unlucky that there are five airlines based at such a modest hub. 

Hevneren

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
: P there where 2 others when i chose it. i wanted a little competition, but this may be to much for me : P

F5 ftw!!!!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »
Repeated F5 at Used a/c market may get you temporarily suspended at that game, so I wouldn't really recommend it. ;)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »
Repeated F5 at Used a/c market may get you temporarily suspended at that game, so I wouldn't really recommend it. ;)

I know, I know.  It was just a funnieee.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:07:38 PM »
Just being sure to inform that so no newbie gets punished of something he doesn't know.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
Just being sure to inform that so no newbie gets punished of something he doesn't know.

Oooh, didn't know there was a 'refresh rule' - must have missed that one!  I don't sit there pressing F5 all day - I still have a BIT of a real life left (just) but when aircraft are in short supply I'll often refresh every few minutes whenever I remember to switch from my other work. Hope that's not a problem. What's the exact rule on this?  I try to check the used market at least 4 or 5 times per game day. It's really the only way to get anywhere sometimes. Havıng 300 or 400 of a particular type 'available' but only one per game week released really doesn't help!

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 04:22:07 PM »
Havıng 300 or 400 of a particular type 'available' but only one per game week released really doesn't help!

Agreed.  This was an issue 2 years ago, and still is.  Getting aircraft added to your fleet early on becomes more of a lottery than anything
else.  I'm not going to go through the entire argument, but it's still my biggest gripe.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
Agreed.  This was an issue 2 years ago, and still is.  Getting aircraft added to your fleet early on becomes more of a lottery than anything
else.  I'm not going to go through the entire argument, but it's still my biggest gripe.

It is the one thing that has been a problem as long as I have been a member here and despite it being mentioned every time a new game world opens it never gets fixed.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 05:02:02 PM »

chalk this up to a +1

add this to the lack of true commonality penalty, it is always the same players who have the rare 733s (instead of 722a), MD80s (instead of DC9s), and more all at the same time. 

fatalsw1tch

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
While I do agree it all depends on how quickly you get in and purchase as well.

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
God....more used market ridiculousness today.

I check out the market on my phone, and wow...there's 6 or 7 A320's and 5-6 737's.  I go to the first of the A320's on the list....it's being
negotiated for.  I go to the next.  Same.

In the time it took my very quick 3G phone to do those two things....the planes were gone.

Offline Richard

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 08:16:03 AM »
I know. I just had similar experience but finally got a 734  :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.