Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: All Planes Gone Already????  (Read 17778 times)

Online Teemu

• Members
Re: All Planes Gone Already????
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2011, 02:38:02 PM »
Supply vs. demand. They are all sold already, simple. But as mentioned by others it is getting better when the demand for planes slows down soon.

I'm actually surprised that there is still demand for planes .... NGO is now the Centair and I was planning to make some money so that I would get some A300-600R's to the domestic routes and now it looks like there is long queue to get new ones and there are non in used market....

Andrebr

• Former member
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »
Yes, I think we all agree on the point (me too), but instead of that I'd very much like to hear some potential ideas and ways to develop it (as usual refer to feature rq. forum). As ideas and brainstorming help me a lot.

In the real world (game try to be the more real possible i think) we have anti-monopoly laws. Maybe you need to implement something as this. As an example, put one limit in the quantity of orders for new aircrafts one airline can do, based in one percentage of your actual number of aircrafts. This open space for others too. This successful airline can always get used aircrafts (available in greater number than actually) but could have problems with the competition from airlines with new-modern aircrafts. In the real world, too, producers of any type donīt accept normally to have a big portion of your production in the hands of one client. They prefer to have a greater number os clients.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:45:10 PM by Andrebr »

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2011, 05:13:07 PM »
Here is a solution..............

Have all production lines of previous models available. Let the supply/demand determine when the production line will close. For example, If the B737-300/400/500 was available, I'm sure a lot of people would buy that model. Allow the MD-83 series to be open as well. Let the players ordering history determine when that production like will close.  If everyone keeps ordering the MD-83 then production line continues, if people slowly move on to B737 or A320s then the MD-83 will close.

And yes, even have the the B727 production line open. Even the DC-10! MD-11! DC-9!

I know certain production lines were CLOSED before the game starts, but let them be open, and see which ones players pick and which production lines will close. It will offer a MUCH MUCH wider selection of aircraft for the start of the game.  As time goes on, players will determine by supply/demand which ones will stay and which ones will go.

+1

IMHO this is an excelent idea!

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
+1

Unrealistic :)

Lets hope for 1000+ fuel prices soon

Meraki

• Former member
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2011, 08:15:48 PM »
+1

I agree. I'd love this.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »
I think it's a bit terrible we have to hope for other people's games to be ruined by a fuel spike before we can grow. Seems a little twisted.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
I'm actually surprised that there is still demand for planes .... NGO is now the Centair and I was planning to make some money so that I would get some A300-600R's to the domestic routes and now it looks like there is long queue to get new ones and there are non in used market....
I'm surprised you're surprised, to be honest. ???

Offline PH1517

• Members
« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2011, 03:29:49 AM »
looking for a long range plane on the used market?
there s a choice of 4 747SP's and 1 IL62 Mk, the ultimate efficient machines... right  ???
can i dig my grave any faster?

DanDantes

• Former member
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »
Its funny, in all the games that I have played this has always been one of the biggest topics at the start of each game. However, a few years into the game this always resolves itself.

Dan
Dantes Air

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
Its funny, in all the games that I have played this has always been one of the biggest topics at the start of each game. However, a few years into the game this always resolves itself.

Dan
Dantes Air

Agreed - always the same and after a few yerars always 'fixes' itself.

Offline PH1517

• Members
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »

Dan
Dantes Air
I know it sound like a broken record  :laugh:
I will have to wait patiently for those somewhat profitable planes to come on the market.  I know I ll have plenty of opportunities to catch up. 

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »
This is true and at the beginning you just have to hit it at the right time. It really is luck actually. Yes, eventually the game fixes itself and the dust settles and we can concentrate on operations. :)

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »
finally got in and there is absolutely nothing to lease! >:(

orders are all 2+ years out... thinking i wasted 5 credits

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2011, 10:23:02 PM »
finally got in and there is absolutely nothing to lease!

Huh??

I see tons of 737-900s, Q400s, 757s ..etc

Online ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2011, 11:54:43 PM »
This happens every game at the start. It's perfectly normal and the market will recover soon as airlines bankrupt because bad fleet management. I currently have two Maddogs and one on order, they aren't the perfect plane for this period but they do their share and when time comes up to replace them, the market will be flooded of modern planes.
Just be patient.

tarbyonline

• Former member
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2011, 12:13:27 AM »
Keep trying people.  I have had no luck at all until today and have a very mixed bag fleet, but this evening I have managed to bag 4 new gen 737's and 2 Q400's.  Purely through good luck and the 737's did go within 5 minutes but more appeared later.

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2011, 12:18:25 AM »
Huh??

I see tons of 737-900s, Q400s, 757s ..etc
well i monitored the market for 1 hour and didnt see anything...

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »
In the real world (game try to be the more real possible i think) we have anti-monopoly laws. Maybe you need to implement something as this. As an example, put one limit in the quantity of orders for new aircrafts one airline can do, based in one percentage of your actual number of aircrafts. This open space for others too. This successful airline can always get used aircrafts (available in greater number than actually) but could have problems with the competition from airlines with new-modern aircrafts. In the real world, too, producers of any type donīt accept normally to have a big portion of your production in the hands of one client. They prefer to have a greater number os clients.

So why don't you go to EK and tell them that no, unfortunately, they can't order 90 Airbus (when they had already reduced their need from 120 to 90 because of space constraint at DXB)? ;) I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like this in real life.
The problem is that this time the used a/c market is very "stingy" and there are too many players around. 400 are more than enough, in my opinion, especially now that we have the multiple bases feat! :)

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »
NOTHING lately....... :'(

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2011, 07:07:07 PM »
NOTHING lately....... :'(
ya i got 1 Q400... the dam thing costed twice the base price... but only option since Bombardier is sold out for 2.5 years...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.