Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: All Planes Gone Already????  (Read 17756 times)

LostInBKK

• Former member
Re: All Planes Gone Already????
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
Not sure, if brokers can buy directly from manufacturers, but even if they could, they'd be stuck with the same order list and waiting time as every1 else.

Sure they have to wait for their planes to be built just like everyone else.  ::)

BUT then they lease or sell the planes meaning there are two sources available for planes of course they will be more expensive but it would mean more planes would be on the market. As to how easy this would be to program I have no clue at all.  :P

Cheers
Lost

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »
Sami? How about releasing a few planes??

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:39 PM »
Sami? How about releasing a few planes??

There is no planes buy som new

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2011, 02:46:31 PM »
There is no planes buy som new

How about those people coming into the game??? They have paid and they declared BK and they come back and theres nothing....Thats not fair....and look @ my planes on Order ok I have some

Boomer Aires

• Former member
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
Well, there are some planes stored since RL-days - 130x 737-900, 45x757-300 or 85x Dash 8-Q400 - but not released to lease market

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »

Yes, they can order at the manufactures too.
ILFC for example: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/boeingaerospace/2014433495_ilfc09.html

I was referring to the leasing companies in the game ;)
Irl, it's obvious they are the middle hand between manufacturers and some airlines  ::)

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2011, 03:10:26 PM »
How about those people coming into the game??? They have paid and they declared BK and they come back and theres nothing....Thats not fair....and look @ my planes on Order ok I have some

Well those guys will not get those plane anyway, because they will be taken instant by other players.

Boomer Aires

• Former member
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
I was referring to the leasing companies in the game ;)
[...]
Ah ok.
I never saw a leasing company order in the production slot overview.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
Guessing there's no point joining this gameworld then?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »
Holy sweet used plane drop!
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
There are still loads of aircraft... and as usual, the used market will refresh several times over the next 24 hours.
Usually nothing anyone needs unless your operating a bush airline. ;D

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2011, 05:31:07 PM »
Holy sweet used plane drop!

Hehe Seems like sami had enough and throwed more planes into the dessert

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »
For the sake of the game, it needed to be done, but I am a bit dissapointed that those of use who planned when the drought began and ordered new are now at a disadvantage to those who relentlessly hit F5 waiting for this drop. I got 5 birds, but not the creame of the crop. Had to go for older/cheaper aircraft to get the 5 I got instead of targeting aircraft that I could operate long term.

I am ok with the periodic updates that bring a few planes at a time, and I am ok with the huge drop, I am not sure I am ok with planes that did not exist when we started suddenly appearing to appease the few complainers as in the long run it adversley affects my ability to succeed.

That being said, I will gladly take the planes I got and go to work  :)

Edit: All I can think of is the State Farm commercials (if you are in the USA) where the people sing the state farm jingle and a new car or a new hot tub or what ever appears out of thin air :) Did Sami sing "like a good programmer, used planes are THERE!" If I add "with a new A321" will one suddenly appear in my schedule view?!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:46:30 PM by jetwestinc »
CEO PacAir

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
Lack of planes has been usual in last games, but not like here. No used planes and 3 years for a Boeing or an Airbus is too much time doing nothing and wasting credits.

Someone asked how this things are solved in "real life". I dont know, boy Im sure that there is no real company waiting for more than 300 planes like Stu Air is waiting here.

I think the game should have a limit in the new plane orders in order to prevent the actual situation where 3 or 4 companies have orders for the next two years.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2011, 08:35:01 PM »
I think the game should have a limit in the new plane orders in order to prevent the actual situation where 3 or 4 companies have orders for the next two years.

IRL large carriers routinely wait for two or more years before their large orders are completed, why should that be any different here? The economic model of large aircraft manufacturers is entirely dependent, in fact, on having large orders that take a long time to fulfill.  And what purpose would such a limit have?  Right now, carriers ordering new aircraft have the option of trying to acquire one or two new planes more quickly, but at a higher cost, or planning out a large fleet expansion spaced out over many years, but at lower overall cost. It rewards medium and long term planning over impulse/short term thinking.  That models the real world pretty well.

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »
Hi,

I am sorry but there are planes in the used market, not a320 or 737, but you can start a new airline with different planes and make profit to order new ones. I remember a time in MT3 where the used market was only 2 pages long :-[

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
Hi,

I am sorry but there are planes in the used market, not a320 or 737, but you can start a new airline with different planes and make profit to order new ones. I remember a time in MT3 where the used market was only 2 pages long :-[

This morning the used list in MT4 was about a half a page long. I checked about 12 hours ago and counted 19 planes!
CEO PacAir

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »
IRL large carriers routinely wait for two or more years before their large orders are completed, why should that be any different here? The economic model of large aircraft manufacturers is entirely dependent, in fact, on having large orders that take a long time to fulfill.  And what purpose would such a limit have?  Right now, carriers ordering new aircraft have the option of trying to acquire one or two new planes more quickly, but at a higher cost, or planning out a large fleet expansion spaced out over many years, but at lower overall cost. It rewards medium and long term planning over impulse/short term thinking.  That models the real world pretty well.

I bet that in the real world there is no company with more than 300 planes ordered. And of course... in the real world no company has more  than 300 planes after two years of life.

That is the question... we need a more realistic model.

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2011, 03:55:26 AM »
Well I was trying to be patient but instead tried different aircraft combos and ended up bankrupting... I guess I will just stick with the a/c I know works and hope I can occasionally run into some used a/c.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2011, 05:10:16 PM »
I bet that in the real world there is no company with more than 300 planes ordered. And of course... in the real world no company has more  than 300 planes after two years of life.

That is the question... we need a more realistic model.

On this I agree.  The problem is not the new plane ordering system, however, it is 500 new airlines starting up at once in a world devoid of airlines.  That is what is unrealistic.  Sami has said he's going to try to deal with this, possibly using AI airlines at the start of a game, but that is for v1.3 or later. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.